Kit review BLUENOSE SCHOONER POF MODEL -1:72 – YuanQing Models

Hello John

I agree that it is an absolutely ridiculous rule !!! ROTF ROTF ROTF I believe the rule should be amended to: "You are not allowed to WORK on another model before the current one is finished! No problem John - just send me a PM when you are ready and we will sort you out. Good luck with the build of the Fifie!

Hello John

I agree that it is an absolutely ridiculous rule !!! ROTF ROTF ROTF I believe the rule should be amended to: "You are not allowed to WORK on another model before the current one is finished! No problem John - just send me a PM when you are ready and we will sort you out. Good luck with the build of the Fifie!

But Heinrich, are we allowed to pine (i.e. desire) another model while still committed to another build?

Tks for the info Henrick but at $169US + $89 US SHIPPING to AUS ( dearer than shippng from UK or EU) thats $250 US or $350 AU plus 10%GST = close to $400AU landed. Sorry but that makes it out of my price range. The shipping is half the price of the kit.
Paul

For your info the Aust Govt is not actually collecting GST on postal items under $1000 even though they announced they would...and in theory they are. I have bought two kits last 12 months from Amati in Turin for $280 and $620 and both came straight through the Auspost border system. I also bought an item from Germany for $2500 and Auspost contacted me for the GST then released the item when I paid up. It is a perverse situation...if your overseas seller is registered with the ATO (Aust Tax Office) for the collection of GST then the seller will add the GST to your price and forward it to the ATO. You have no escape. If your seller is not registered for GST with the ATO you are home free because they just wave it through if it is < $1000...no attempt is made to collect GST at the border for items under $1000. The ATO is happy to take it from registered sellers (as it costs them nothing to collect). Crazy huh..? Well I guess they know it would cost more to coilect than it would yield which is what they knew all along...they had to pass the measure to quiet the squealing retailers who couldnt do the arithmetic. So no guarantees it will happen to you, but that has been my experience twice in the last year. I do not expect to pay GST on any YQ purchase I make. And yes 89 USD is quite expensive as I just had a large kit arrive from Italy in 8 days for 30 USD with DHL. ( actually 25 euros)

Mal from Mallacoota

Its not he GST that is the issue, its the postage cost to AU as its in US dollars, it doubles the price. Postage from UK & EU is fine, US is not worth considering at all to AU, and since the Covid, courier cost from China are also terrible. I can get free on Aliexpress, but as soon as it shipped from China via a courier services it sucks.

The Alert was twice the price when converted and shipping & GST ( applied to total cost) and that was EMS ( 30 days) to AUS. Its just not viable at present. The kit is CHEAP, but the transport costs to AU kills total cost.

I have 4 wood kits and 3 plastic to keep me going for 5-6 or more years.

Paul I agree about freight from the US to Aus it's not even worth looking at product from there because the freight is silly.
Had an occasion with a tool where freight was more than the tool which is not right.

@Brian077
@AMac
@paulv1958
@mallacoota

Hi guys. I have delivered 3 kits to Australia and the average delivery time was about 15 days. Our purchase is linked to PayPal with a special "insurance to the buyer". After you have paid for the kit, the money is frozen by PayPal for 21 days before being released to YuanQing. This makes sure that the kit arrives in good order and in good time and safeguards the customer against a sub-standard product. I work with all three big Courier companies: FedEx, DHL and UPS and they all quote whenever a kit needs to be sent to a destination. The last kit that was sent to Australia was 242 USD all inclusive - including freight. That amounted to a delivery cost of 73 USD - exactly the same as to the USA and Canada.

There is a cheaper way of shipping, and that is the mail. With how things are in the world today expected delivery would probably be around the 10-12 week mark! So I suppose if you are in no rush, don't need a tracking number or any sort of guarantee of receiving your parcel this would be the way to go.

There is a cheaper way of shipping, and that is the mail. With how things are in the world today expected delivery would probably be around the 10-12 week mark! So I suppose if you are in no rush, don't need a tracking number or any sort of guarantee of receiving your parcel this would be the way to go.
Well I guess courier freight ex PRC is just expensive...it is what it is. I would be reluctant to use standard mail to Aust based on last 6 mths. Given all the above I would just use DHL after them delivering here from Turin in 8 days. With the current terrible state of relations between PRC and Australia I would think I would be lucky to just get it.

Last edited:
You can get it here :

I saw it also on ebay. And when the kit was launched , @Heinrich was able to connect you with the manufacturer. At that time the manufacturer was selling the kit with a discounted price.

I think that the best will be to PM Heinrich and check with him directly if he still do that.

Cheers
Daniel
Thank you very much Daniel. I will send @1812er a PM.

Back