boat for the deck of my endeavour

i'm building a corel endeavor and looking at the life boat on the deck , well, it just looks wrong, is there a kit for this size deck boat, mine measures 35mm wide x 120 mm long , or are there some plans i could use instead
thank you

Hello Anthony, Master Korabel makes really nice models of ship boats. While this is Russian manufactures, you can buy those kists in the USA. Please take a look maybe the size will fit.

Hello Anthony, Master Korabel makes really nice models of ship boats. While this is Russian manufactures, you can buy those kists in the USA. Please take a look maybe the size will fit.

Crafty Sailor is in Canada,in Calgary

the caf longboat at 130mm is probably the best hull and i could change out the interior so its more like the scale of my boat , thank you gentleman , great suggestion , great site too , i wish i found it a few years ago .

i ordered the caf 130mm longboat , now that i have a backup plan i decided to see what i could make from the kit boat ,i started by marking lines to represent planking on the outside and with a small chisel tried to make them look like i think they should , i did about a quarter of the planking and decided to see if i could hollow it out before moving on , now that its thinned out i will carry on with the planking ,
what do you think , is it worth continuing or should i wait for the caf model?20200427_081710.jpg20200427_083240.jpg20200427_084133.jpg20200427_114943.jpg20200427_122555.jpg20200428_142432.jpg20200428_142437.jpg20200428_142449.jpg20200428_145604.jpg20200428_145610.jpg20200428_145617.jpg

Hi Anthony1,
I am building the Endeavour from Occre. The scale is 1:50. You say the boat in your kit looks wrong. Is it the shape or size of the boat? I'm attempting to build the Endeavour as true to the original as possible and the boat is also an important feature of the model, so I want to get it right. Do you know the size of the boat in its true scale in relationship to the ship?
Greets,
Luigi

what i should have said was basic instead of wrong , the boat is the right scale and shape but there were no details to make it look like a real boat and without a backup plan i didn't want to ruin it , so i ordered a replacement boat from caf and that gave me a plan b incase my attempt didn't work out , there also seems to be a lot of variation in the endeavor over the years , i don't think mine is true to any of them except the corel plans , which i plan to address in future ships by doing my research before i start and picking the one i like the best , looking through the anatomy of the ship there were 4 or 5 different ships boats so i just picked the one which was most like the corel base and ran with it , hope this helps and good luck with your build , are you planning on making a build log i would be very interested in seeing it
Anthony

Hi Anthony,
Many thanks for your reply. I have started a build log under the build log section of this site.
I believe the Occre kit is slightly different to the Corel build. But I agree with you, there are many flavours of the Endeavour out there so I decided to go with Marquardt's book coupled with a bit of freelancing. This is my first build and I find myself on a steep learning curve, I have made some mistakes with the build of the ship, but I am gaining experience as I go along.

Luigi

that's cool i will look it up, anyways just the rudder to go and then i think i'm finished

Back