Bobstays

Working on the Discovery1789 bobstays. I know there are two bobstays but is each bobstay doubled? I've found a few references that suggest that but I'm not positive. Lee says the the bobstay is reeved through the hole in the knee and then the ends are spliced together and a heart is seized into the bight. Anderson says that the bobstay is made of a small collar on the sprit and a large collar through the knee. I've searched SOS nd MSW for explanatory pictures found one on MSW(and I can't find it again) where the the poster says he doubled the bobstay and he got a couple of posts congratulating him on doing it right. Is the bobstay a big loop?
Thanks

Here you go Don.
This is from the documentation for my Investigator plans.
Mainly taken from "STEEL"
Note there are 2 pair which answers your question. OR in kings ships 2 bobstays with 2 legs each.
The PDF will be clearer.

Regards
Allan

Regards AllanScreenshot (126).png

Attachments

• Rigging progressive_PAGE 2.pdf
    460.9 KB · Views: 90
Hi Don. I think it's heading that way. I started drawing plans for Investigator and it led me to document what evidence the plans are based. Which leads to describe the rigging also. The drawings above are details taken off the plans. I am 3/4 through the rigging plans. The big problem with all this research is what to do with it when you have finished. It is no use if I am the only one who has read it.
Time will tell. I need to finish it and get back to modelling.

Regard Allan

One of the things I'm not fond of in Lee's book is that the diagrams don't have any Fig numbers for the text to relate to. You've got that covered. Unfortunately I'll be finished or close to it by the time you published but I'll be there to build you up.

Hi Don. I think it's heading that way. I started drawing plans for Investigator and it led me to document what evidence the plans are based. Which leads to describe the rigging also. The drawings above are details taken off the plans. I am 3/4 through the rigging plans. The big problem with all this research is what to do with it when you have finished. It is no use if I am the only one who has read it.
Time will tell. I need to finish it and get back to modelling.

Regard Allan
As they say in the Medical field, "Publish or Perish."

Back