BONHOMME RICHARD 1779 Part 3 - Midship Section / 1:36 by Jeronimo [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Model Friends.
Thanks for the kind comments and likes.

Details of the model:
Plan drawings: Jean Boudriot,Scale 1:48, ANCRE, France
My model: Scale: 1/36
Wood: German Elsbeere, Swiss pear
Cannon barrel: Boxwood, Pewterware, Metallic-Spray
Anchor: Boxwood, Metallic-Spray
Ropes, Rigging: mercerised chrocket yarn, Wood-stain

Construction times for the individual parts:

Part 1: März 2006 - Juli 2011
between I built nor the Chaloupe

Part 2: Aug. 2011 - Mai 2013

Part 3: Mai 2013 -April 2015

Karl

Last edited:
WOW WOW WOW - three times for every section built and you presented here. - Many thanks for this Thumbs-UpThumbs-UpThumbs-Up

Like we say here in Germany: Richtig großes Kino

Great details and excellent execution - clean and accurate work - I like your models very much -> all three section model of Bonhomme Richard

I am only a little bit confused about the scale of the three models: Are they all built in scale 1:48 like you mentioned in the stern-section?
The mid section looks a little bit like 1:36?
PS: I know photos of your living room, where they are presented in glass cases - and the middle section looks really huge (like i remember)

For everybody interested in the planset, please take a look at the Planset-Review we made some time ago here on SOS:

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...-boudriot-translated-by-david-h-roberts.2164/

IMG_34671.jpgIMG_34681.jpgIMG_34701.jpg

Really Jeronimo, with a bit more practice I think you will have caught on to this model building business--OK, just kidding obviously. I just couldn't think
of any superlatives that have not already been offered. Your skills are truly inspirational. Your photo skills make your log an invaluable source for us lesser
mortals. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Harley

Hello Jeronimo
I wish to congratulate you very much on such a very fine model ship you have built. With such excellent workmanship in your tackling every part and joint as if it were a model in its self, much more precise than what I could do with my skill level that is for sure. Your build log is a joy to read and browse over your Museum Piece as I figure that is where it should belong. I just love your Hull Cutouts that allows you to see all of the goodies inside and that makes a ship tich. I am planning to add some of these to the Port side of my Oliver Cromwell when if ever I do get to that stage in my build, WELL DONE, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Hallo Karl,
just went once more through your great photos to get some hints and tips for my section.....and once more I am "hin-und-weg" by this model.
Great work
PS: I get step by step more the feeling, that I have to move also to a bigger scale like yours 1:36 - seems, that some more details are possible
PS2: Your pump construction is looking great

Back