Bonhomme Richard Cross Section 1:48 scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

Just completed this kit which I had purchased from ZHL several months ago. It was a real joy to complete, nice working with larger cuts of wood. The directions that came with the kit were not great, no english but lots of photos. The full scale plan sheet was also very good quality. I want to acknowledge the fantastic build log that Uwe put together on this same kit, that was a real life saver. Couldn't have done this without his information and detailed photos. He saved me a ton of head scratching.:) The quality of materials (I upgraded to the cherry version) was fantastic and a real joy to use. The laser cutting was spot on, but char removal did get tedious at points. Bottom line, I am not a great builder by any means, I have fun doing it and try hard. I am very pleased with the result of this kit and highly recommend it to anyone. \\photo1BHR.jpgphoto2BHR.jpgphoto3BHR.jpgphoto4BHR.jpgphoto5BHR.jpgphoto6BHR.jpgThe

Wow !
You did a very good job on this section model - it is looking very good..... BTW: the manufacturer is Unicorn models, ZHL is only the dealer here...
and I am very happy, that I could be of some help with my building log (which is still not finished beacsue of the Le Coureur log)
Great Result Thumbsup Thumbsup
and now? Maybe also the Coureur or one more a section like the Granado?

Uwe, thanks for the nice comments and also again for that fantastic build log. Have just started un boxing Crown models version of HMS Victory in 1:96 scale. Looks like a good quality kit but will be dealing with very small parts again. I will check out the Granado. Thanks for the recommendation

Just completed this kit which I had purchased from ZHL several months ago. It was a real joy to complete, nice working with larger cuts of wood. The directions that came with the kit were not great, no english but lots of photos. The full scale plan sheet was also very good quality. I want to acknowledge the fantastic build log that Uwe put together on this same kit, that was a real life saver. Couldn't have done this without his information and detailed photos. He saved me a ton of head scratching. The quality of materials (I upgraded to the cherry version) was fantastic and a real joy to use. The laser cutting was spot on, but char removal did get tedious at points. Bottom line, I am not a great builder by any means, I have fun doing it and try hard. I am very pleased with the result of this kit and highly recommend it to anyone. \\The:)View attachment 220633View attachment 220634View attachment 220635View attachment 220636View attachment 220637View attachment 220638
Espléndido trabajo, felicidades!!

Just completed this kit which I had purchased from ZHL several months ago. It was a real joy to complete, nice working with larger cuts of wood. The directions that came with the kit were not great, no english but lots of photos. The full scale plan sheet was also very good quality. I want to acknowledge the fantastic build log that Uwe put together on this same kit, that was a real life saver. Couldn't have done this without his information and detailed photos. He saved me a ton of head scratching.:) The quality of materials (I upgraded to the cherry version) was fantastic and a real joy to use. The laser cutting was spot on, but char removal did get tedious at points. Bottom line, I am not a great builder by any means, I have fun doing it and try hard. I am very pleased with the result of this kit and highly recommend it to anyone.

Hallo @Adiefenbach
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Are you working actual on a project? Would be interesting to see .....

Thanks much for the birthday wishes. Have the Granado part one as a b'day gift with part two in the mail. Think that will be next project. Really enjoyed your Le Courer log

Thanks much for the birthday wishes. Have the Granado part one as a b'day gift with part two in the mail. Think that will be next project. Really enjoyed your Le Courer log
Many Thanks for the kind words about my Coureur log.
When every you start the Granado, it would be great, if you start also the building log - it is highly interesting kit and we should share the work on this model as much as possible..... I have the feeling, that the interest in this kit will grow very fast

Will do my best to post my progress. I don't have the skills to teach great techniques like you, Bryian, Paul and some of the other superstars on this site but I may be able to highlight some things not to do, which may be useful as well.

Back