Book Review: "Accastillage et gréement du modèle réduit d'un vaisseau de 74 canons" By Francis Jonet

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Book Review:
Accastillage et gréement du modèle réduit d'un vaisseau de 74 canons
by Francis Jonet

translated something like:
Fitting and rigging a 74-gun model ship

IMG_38181.jpg IMG_38191.jpg

today I want to show you a great additional source, which was prepared on a private basis by my french modeling friend Francis Jonet.
Within his 118 page booklet, which was produced and sold on cost-basis by a private organisation by the author himself, Francis is showing the reader his way of preparation and installation of finishing works, rigging, sails, boats, belaying points etc. on his model of a 74-gun ship. All based on the well known monographie made by Jean Boudriot. This book is already a small number re-edition.

The text is in french, but possible to translate via google translate - app without any problems.
It is not available on the public market, nevertheless it has an ISBN 978-2-7466-0608-1 with copyright by Francis Jonet 2008
When you want to build a 74-gun ship of the french navy, or you want to learn and understand modeling techniques Francis was used, here you can find very good information.
If somebody is interested to get a copy, maybe Francis has still some copies available.......

Contents:

IMG_38231.jpg

Here some photos to get an impression of the content, not so detailed as usual........

IMG_38241.jpg IMG_38261.jpg

IMG_38281.jpg IMG_38301.jpg

IMG_38331.jpg IMG_38391.jpg

I met Francis personally last October during the Convention in Rochefort and made some photos of his 74-gunner in scale 1:75 and his 118-gunner Commerce de Marseille in scale 1:72, which you can find in the following link - here you can see his amazing work.

Last edited:

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

I was in contact with Francis and he confirmed, that he has still a small number of copies available, so if you are interested you can send me a PM (personal Message) and I can forward the request....

Vinicio

Buongiorno, vorrei acquistare una copia di questo libro

google translation:
Hello, I would like to buy a copy of this book

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwek

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Buongiorno, vorrei acquistare una copia di questo libro

google translation:
Hello, I would like to buy a copy of this book
Hallo, and a warm welcome on board of our forum.
The author @Francis Jonet is in the meantime also a member here in our forum, so it will be the best, if you would write him a personal message directly.
You have the possibility for such a Personal Message (PM) on the right top of the forum where you can find the small letter box next to your nickname.

google translation:
Ciao e un caloroso benvenuto a bordo del nostro forum.
L'autore @Francis Jonet è nel frattempo anche un membro qui nel nostro forum, quindi sarà il migliore, se gli scrivessi direttamente un messaggio personale.
Hai la possibilità di un tale messaggio personale (PM) nella parte superiore destra del forum in cui puoi trovare la piccola cassetta delle lettere accanto al tuo nickname.

111.JPG

Vinicio

Grazie per avermi accettato nel gruppo, provo a contattare il Signor Jonet