Brigantine Phoenix, by Master Korabel [COMPLETED BUILD]

My model is not next to me, I can look for a photo with details. You can look here: https: //www.shipsofscale.com/gallery/alexander74/phoenix/index.html
This tackle is not in front of the sails

This great detail will help others who wish to build this ship.

Keep it coming. I can't wait to see finished product.

Your becoming a master rigger as you progress.

Fantastic job. One suggestion. The double blocks on your headsails should be the same distance from the clew. So the blocks will be on the same side as a sail but sheets going over the stays
View attachment 256638View attachment 256639
Thanks Dragdonius, appreciate your comment, keep them coming..
The distance is fairly close between blocks, not exactly identical but pretty close and with very tight spots to make any adjustments, i will keep it as-is.

Cheers

I have been thinking of getting this kit, and noticed several add on options with carvings and other details, do you think they are needed and worth the extra cost?

I have been thinking of getting this kit, and noticed several add on options with carvings and other details, do you think they are needed and worth the extra cost?
I have this kit...

Kit.jpeg

No extra options ordered.
I believe other options are wooden window frames and taffrail but kit comes with metal frames and metal taffrail that stands out very nicely on the kit.

traff.jpegwindow.jpeg

If i would go with these options i will certainly stain them differently then the rest of the kit so they can be a bit more eye catchy but with metal frames i got the same effect... but will definitely choose a kit with ship boat included.

Overall, the kit is very detailed, precise, enjoyable and easy to work with so would definitely recommend it...

HTH

Continue with rigging...

256.jpg

268.jpg

257.jpg

A little helper to assist with keeping the same distance for both blocks..

258.jpg

259.jpg

260.jpg

261.jpg

and the other side...

262.jpg

Some random shots of blocks and rigging details.. if someone is interested in following one rigging line specifically, let me know and i will provide few pictures...

263.jpg

From sailor' perspective...

261а.jpg

From bird' perspective... hopefully bird is not fully fed.

261б.jpg

264.jpg

265.jpg

266.jpg

While i was rigging this block, i rigged the wrong block, the one further on the left. All line was completed, ended in the third pin but had to do one more time, again. Practice makes it perfect..

267.jpg

Happy modelling..

Continue with rigging...

View attachment 257957

View attachment 257943

View attachment 257956

A little helper to assist with keeping the same distance for both blocks..

View attachment 257955

View attachment 257954

View attachment 257953

View attachment 257952

and the other side...

View attachment 257951

Some random shots of blocks and rigging details.. if someone is interested in following one rigging line specifically, let me know and i will provide few pictures...

View attachment 257950

From sailor' perspective...

View attachment 257949

From bird' perspective... hopefully bird is not fully fed.

View attachment 257948

View attachment 257947

View attachment 257946

View attachment 257945

While i was rigging this block, i rigged the wrong block, the one further on the left. All line was completed, ended in the third pin but had to do one more time, again. Practice makes it perfect..

View attachment 257944

Happy modelling..
accurate work, looks great Thumbsup

Back