Browns bay vessel

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THIS ONE WILL NOT GET MY HOPES TO HIGH BUT LOOKS LIKE COULD BE A GREAT KIT NOT TO LONG IN DEVOLOPING WOULD BE INTERESTING. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THIS ONE WILL NOT GET MY HOPES TO HIGH BUT LOOKS LIKE COULD BE A GREAT KIT NOT TO LONG IN DEVOLOPING WOULD BE INTERESTING. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

there are no plans to do anything with it

i just posted it as a historical reference.

That's very interesting planking. Double clinker carvel. It's like they couldn't make up their mind:)

That is an interesting planking

looking at it you can see the second layers cover the seams of the layer below

this vessel has an interesting back story originally built as a British gunboat and later modified as a cargo transport, so i wonder if the double planking is original or added later?

i read the thesis and this would make a great larger scale model like 1:32 like the Tecumseth the vessel was built using copper and iron nails and not "treenails"

you do not see many models with this type of hull planking and a center board.

i did start the CAD drawings for a model some time ago but they got archived. What i ran into is those steps in all the frames have to line up from frame to frame which you have to maintain the sweep of each run of planking. Hard to do but possible.

so as you can all see with the Tecumseth how long it takes one person to research, design, draw, set up cutting files and build a model. Doing a group project like this would take a team of skilled CAD draftsmen, skilled laser cutting for the stepped frames, prototype building, 3D designs of fittings and printing. A kit is pretty much out of the question unless you have a full blown professional shop and a team of people.

as the original British gunboat would be interesting

Back