Build Log "CAF" HMS Enterprise

Have started the New Project CAF Models HMS Enterprise. This will be my first Admiralty Build. Ordered directly from Tom at CAF, only to 16 days to arrive to the states. Tom included a Long Boat kit as a Gift as well. This will be my first Build Log as well, so any advice will be well taken. The Kit arrived in 6 separate boxes including 1 39 page instruction booklet. Directions are in Chinese, but with the help of Briyan, and a companion of Bernard Frolich's "The Art of Ship Modeling" ....we should be able to pull this off!IMG_0879.jpgIMG_0881.jpgIMG_0882.jpgIMG_0883.jpgIMG_0884.jpgIMG_0885.JPGIMG_0888.jpgIMG_0922.jpg

That is a very impressive model and one that is bound to keep you busy for a l-o-n-g time! Good luck!

Can you tell what is a price ? Also please give a hull length. I want to figure out I can handle such model in my condo workshop.

I understand this is the price the market is driving to. For myself I think, as a next step in the hobby I would attempt a hull from scratch from the drawings. I cannot manufacture the wood planks but have good idea where to get them from.

When you consider the total cost based over a few years of enjoyment building it, its a very reasonable price. You also have the option of buying the kit in stages.

HMS Enterprise 1774

• HMS Enterprise 1774

HMS Enterprise 1774​

SLS06

Scale 1/48
Length 840 mm 33"
Width 210 mm 8.2"
Body height 215 mm 8.4"

4 Review(s) Sold:21

Price:​

USD $1,166.00

• Specifications::​

B All

C All

C1 Keel, rib, dock

C2 Deck, girder, gun

C3 Wood carving,other

B1 Keel, rib, dock

B2 Deck, girder, gun

B3 Wood carving,other

Quantity:​

(40 available)

Shipping Cost:​

-- to United States via

Please select the country you want to ship from

Add to Favorite Items

Can you tell what is a price ? Also please give a hull length. I want to figure out I can handle such model in my condo workshop.

A very good start, either with the model (btw a great kit) and also with the first building log.
I will follow your work with big interest....

So, interesting day today...some new challenges. I decided to begin the ships long boat today, while waiting for Black Graphite to arrive so I can try Bryian new caulking method on the keel. The Long Boat kit is VERY detailed....and FRAGILE....It comes with its own building jig which went together well. The Frames are VERY fragile, and I will be repairing/replacing a few once the structure is internally more solid. No real surprises...the keel notches on the keel need to be widend a bit to seat the Frames well.IMG_0942.jpgIMG_0941.jpgIMG_0943.jpg

Paul,

I just buy some of those thick carpenters pencils, then trim off the wood to expose the graphite. Then I rub it on 80 grit sandpaper and mix with P.V.A
Why ruin pencels? Graphite comes as a powder (Seriously!!) in a can and is ready to mix. The amount in the can will definitely last for all your modeling needs, and it is the highest quality graphite.

1628647268049.png

Back