HMS Agamemnon by Caldercraft

Well here I go , I've been lurking in the corridors quietly watching other members build logs which showcase the amazing skill you all have.
I have built one ship before and that is the Santisima Trinidad from Occre.
I recently bought the Caldercraft kit of the HMS Agamemnon and its a whole different ballgame to the Occre kit.
I have been studying the instructions and numerous plans that come with the kit and to be truthful I am little overwhelmed and wondering what I have got myself into as the instructions appear a little more vague than the Occre ones.
So to push myself a little I've decided to create a build log so people can point out where I'm going right or wrong.
I'm just about to start cutting the frames out. This build will be a long process as I am pretty slow and check everything a dozen times before I actually do anything
So we shall all see how I go 20230111_173748.jpg

Last edited:
Very good Greg. I will be most interested to see how one of the lesser-built Caldercraft (other than an HMS Victory) kits go together. The Agamemnon was apparently Nelson's favorite ship, so you have made an excellent choice. There are a vast number of modelers on SOS who have built Caldercraft kits, so I am sure you will plenty of helpful tips along the way - don't be shy to ask and the best of luck with your build.

Very good Greg. I will be most interested to see how one of the lesser-built Caldercraft (other than an HMS Victory) kits go together. The Agamemnon was apparently Nelson's favorite ship, so you have made an excellent choice. There are a vast number of modelers on SOS who have built Caldercraft kits, so I am sure you will plenty of helpful tips along the way - don't be shy to ask and the best of luck with your build.
Thank you , hopefully I can produce something worthy of this Forum.

I am very happy to see another Jotika vessel on a working desk - Have fun
an if it is allowed, I would like to follow your work sitting close to the working place

I am very happy to see another Jotika vessel on a working desk - Have fun
an if it is allowed, I would like to follow your work sitting close to the working place
Thankyou , I would love for you to join me on the journey

Thank you , hopefully I can produce something worthy of this Forum.
Anything you build is worthy of this forum, as its your model be proud of your work.

Remember it doesn't have to be a perfect model or highest level of detail, just build it the best you can and be happy, as we all keep learning form prior work and current mistakes.

Anything you build is worthy of this forum, as its your model be proud of your work.

Remember it doesn't have to be a perfect model or highest level of detail, just build it the best you can and be happy, as we all keep learning form prior work and current mistakes.
Thanks mate , I'm sure there will be mistakes along the way but as you say I'll learn from them and hopefully end up with something to be proud of.

Well here I go , I've been lurking in the corridors quietly watching other members build logs which showcase the amazing skill you all have.
I recently bought the Caldercraft kit of the HMS Agamemnon and its a whole different ballgame to the Occre kit.
I have been studying the instructions and numerous plans that come with the kit and to be truthful I am little overwhelmed and wondering what I have got myself into as the instructions appear a little more vague than the Occre ones.
So to push myself a little I've decided to create a build log so people can point out where I'm going right or wrong.
I'm just about to start cutting the frames out. This build will be a long process as I am pretty slow and check everything a dozen times before I actually do anything
So we shall all see how I go View attachment 350639
Hi Greg good to see another Caldercraft kit started and a very nice looking ship. These kits are very well made with good quality parts. I picked up a Victory on eBay with a 60% complete hull. If you want to see some of the things that can go wrong with a build have a look at my log.
Have fun with your build I'll like to follow your progress.
Tony

So we shall all see how I go View attachment 350639
Good morning Greg. Awesome ship and kit. You going to have some fun building this ship. Good luck and enjoy. Cheers Grant

Back