Build Log: ENDURANCE by OcCre [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hey Charlie, you said you used Weldbond on your second planking. Did you have to use any wood putty on your first planking? If so, how did the Weldbond do sticking to the putty?
Hey Kramer. Sorry for the delay.... If I remember correctly I didn't use filler on the first planking. If I need it, I use Bondo auto filler. I like Welbond because it dries clear. I had no problems with sticking the second layer. Thanks for the comment. Charlie

Hey Kramer. Sorry for the delay.... If I remember correctly I didn't use filler on the first planking. If I need it, I use Bondo auto filler. I like Welbond because it dries clear. I had no problems with sticking the second layer. Thanks for the comment. Charlie
Hmmm, bondo. Good idea. Thanks, Charlie.

What a beautiful build. You did an amazing job. I am building one also. Just curious, how did you attach the lifeboat davits to the ship. Did you drill holes and just glue the metal davits into the wood holes. It seems kind of precarious. Without a screw or a lashing, the weight of the lifeboats over time would seem to put pressure on those attachment points. Any advice would be appreciated. Like what glue did you use for that.

I just used thick CA. Everything was ok until I shipped it to my son in California. one of the davits came loose but was easy for him to reattach. Hardest part of the build was finding dogs of the right scale.

I just used thick CA. Everything was ok until I shipped it to my son in California. one of the davits came loose but was easy for him to reattach. Hardest part of the build was finding dogs of the right scale.
Hej Charlie, novice builder here from Sweden, about to start the Endurance project. Thank you for your inspiring log!
..so.. where did you find the dogs (and penguins!)
thnx,
John

Hej Charlie, novice builder here from Sweden, about to start the Endurance project. Thank you for your inspiring log!
..so.. where did you find the dogs (and penguins!)
thnx,
John
Hej John. know you’ll enjoy Endurance. Video on Youtube shows the wreck at 3000m. Cant remember where i got the dogs think it was England because the postage was more than the figures. Google animal figures.
Lycka till

Back