Build Log: ENDURANCE by OcCre [COMPLETED BUILD]

I went back over the yards with a light wash of thinned walnut stain to give it the look of weathering. I think the smoke stack would have dirtied up the sails so instead of making new sails I went with the kit supplied ones because they are dark. Started with the topgallant, added the bolt rope, blocks, and attached it to the yard. Overall a satisfactory look.

Endurance 112.jpgEndurance 113.jpg

I'm getting a little more adapt at sewing bolt ropes. This time I put a dot on the sail with a washable fabric marker where the stitch goes, every 5mm. The dot will disappear with a little water dabbed on. It will also fade out in time with no water.

View attachment 276163
Yet another great tip with the sails Charlie! Love your little dog too.

WOW Charlie! Your sails came out wonderfully well! Thumbsup I hope you enjoy the time spent with your family during the Festive Season. I haven't seen my son or mother for four years (Covid took care of that), so I know how you must be feeling. :)

WOW Charlie! Your sails came out wonderfully well! Thumbsup I hope you enjoy the time spent with your family during the Festive Season. I haven't seen my son or mother for four years (Covid took care of that), so I know how you must be feeling. :)
Thanks Heinrich. Probable taking a big chance but couldn't say no to a Christmas reunion. Have a great Holiday.

Charlie you have built a mighty fine Endurance. I think an after-the fact kit review is a truly excellent idea. Thumbsup

I'm getting a little more adapt at sewing bolt ropes. This time I put a dot on the sail with a washable fabric marker where the stitch goes, every 5mm. The dot will disappear with a little water dabbed on. It will also fade out in time with no water.

View attachment 276163

I went back over the yards with a light wash of thinned walnut stain to give it the look of weathering. I think the smoke stack would have dirtied up the sails so instead of making new sails I went with the kit supplied ones because they are dark. Started with the topgallant, added the bolt rope, blocks, and attached it to the yard. Overall a satisfactory look.

View attachment 275912View attachment 275913
A trick to ADD Bolt - Relinge em Spanish - is to ADD PAPERCLIPS at the edge, so the bolr rope will bw, where it shoud be AT THE EDGE

Attachments

• 1803-square sail816-.jpg
    1803-square sail816-.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 1759-STAY.jpg
    1759-STAY.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 14
  • BARQUE 2.jpg
    BARQUE 2.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 14
  • BARQUE 3.jpg
    BARQUE 3.jpg