Build log; Mini Mamoli, Evergreen Schooner

You are the first person I've seen who has documented the building of the Evergreen other than myself:

ModelShipBuilder or ModelShipWorld

This was my very first wooden sailing vessel of any sort. At the time, I knew absolutely nothing about sailing vessels or how to construct or rig them. I found no historic pictures or pictures of models by other builders. Still, I wanted to add more rigging detail, so I looked at pictures of other schooners and winged it from there. I just tried to make it look like the pictures, so my accuracy left something to be desired.

I completed it in 2013. And I agree with you, it was a fun model to build.

Attachments

• 127_2768.jpg
    127_2768.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 128_2856.jpg
    128_2856.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 128_2875.jpg
    128_2875.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 9
You are the first person I've seen who has documented the building of the Evergreen other than myself:

ModelShipBuilder or ModelShipWorld

This was my very first wooden sailing vessel of any sort. At the time, I knew absolutely nothing about sailing vessels or how to construct or rig them. I found no historic pictures or pictures of models by other builders. Still, I wanted to add more rigging detail, so I looked at pictures of other schooners and winged it from there. I just tried to make it look like the pictures, so my accuracy left something to be desired.

I completed it in 2013. And I agree with you, it was a fun model to build.
That is a great job!

Back