Build Log NCC (Navy-Curtis Craft) disar modle Junco Chino (Chinese Junk)

BMT

Happy New Year!

I am starting the New Year off with my 4th build.

I like the look of the disar model Junco Chino but now realize it is above my fundamental understanding of modeling.

I'm talking about hull planking. I have been studying Simple Hull Planking Techniques for Beginners and Hull Fairing and Stern Blocks, which are very helpful.

I found an excellent soaking receptacle for the planks, my fish poacher, that I haven't used in years, and I knew keeping it would come in handy again.

I wish the disar model kit instructions had a few better photos of the hull to get a better feel.

A few photos are attached (nothing many of you haven't already seen), and I put some new ones up as my planking continues.

Lots more sanding and soaking a head.

BMT

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

Well...My nephew, 4 years of age, was over and I left my door open to my work room…

I am sure you know rest...

NCC (Navy-Curtis Craft) disar modle Junco Chino (Chinese Junk) is now junk…trashed…learning experience…

I do have lots of wood.

See you soon for my next build with the doors closed.

Well...My nephew, 4 years of age, was over and I left my door open to my work room…

I am sure you know rest...

NCC (Navy-Curtis Craft) disar modle Junco Chino (Chinese Junk) is now junk…trashed…learning experience…

I do have lots of wood.

See you soon for my next build with the doors closed.
Somehow you had luck
Imagine, that the same would happen after 300 hours of work shortly before you installed the last rigging rope.
It is only some piece of wood - and your nephew had a lot of fun (I am pretty sure)
Do you know already if your new project will be the same or something different?

Wow...300 hours!

He did have a blast (that's all that counts)!

I am looking to do OcCre's Palamos. I just opened the box and added a log as I got into the build.

If I see the Junco Chino on sale, I will purchase it as I still have the rest of the kit.

Regards,

BMT

Happy New Year!

I am starting the New Year off with my 4th build.

I like the look of the disar model Junco Chino but now realize it is above my fundamental understanding of modeling.

I'm talking about hull planking. I have been studying Simple Hull Planking Techniques for Beginners and Hull Fairing and Stern Blocks, which are very helpful.

I found an excellent soaking receptacle for the planks, my fish poacher, that I haven't used in years, and I knew keeping it would come in handy again.

I wish the disar model kit instructions had a few better photos of the hull to get a better feel.

A few photos are attached (nothing many of you haven't already seen), and I put some new ones up as my planking continues.

Lots more sanding and soaking a head.

BMT

View attachment 350308

View attachment 350309

View attachment 350310

View attachment 350311

View attachment 350312

View attachment 350313

View attachment 350314

View attachment 350315

View attachment 350316

View attachment 350317

View attachment 350318
Hallo @BMT
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thanks, Winston! I did see that. I feel 79.99 is still too high at this time.

I still have a D016 Dusek Maria HF31 German Fishing Ewer from Xmass and just purchased MS1850 Model Shipways HMS BOUNTY LAUNCH 1:16 SCALE when it was on sale. Thanks again.

Back