Nuestra Senora del Pilar by Occre - Build log

Installed the hull support beams (15mm x 15mm), 4 pieces across the bulkheads. Held in place with CA - allowed it to wick into the joints. Also installed the aft support piece to support the deck (when installed)
Nuestra_61.jpgNuestra_62.jpgNuestra_63.jpgNuestra_64.jpgNuestra_65.jpgNuestra_66.jpg

Last edited:
It's amazing how what appears to be such a simple step of installing bulkheads can impact the complete build of the hull. I am always nervous after I have that part finished... did I sand enough, are the bulkheads properly aligned etc etc etc

It's amazing how what appears to be such a simple step of installing bulkheads can impact the complete build of the hull. I am always nervous after I have that part finished... did I sand enough, are the bulkheads properly aligned etc etc etc
I did too and proved correct. Once I started planking I realized that I did not fair properly etc. I wish I had logs and advice from Sos members back then as it is such an important step in the process. Slow here is better for sure.

Your meticulous craftsmanship and great build log is one I will follow closely. I'm looking forward to your next post.
I've been trying to purchase this model for some time from Premier Ship Models but it is on backorder. May I ask what you paid for it
from Amazon?

Back