Nuestra Senora del Pilar by Occre - Build log

ln Nederland wordt model voor €499,95 verkocht bij "hobby en modelbouw.nl". Geen idee wat de transportkosten zijn

Hello Phil. That is some seriously finnicky stuff required to build that galleon. The port side has shaped up very nicely though - very symmetrical! Thumbsup

Build Log Nuestra Senora del Pilar (OcCre) 1:46 :
Quick update. Was able to get back to my build. Busy week for us so build time was limited.

Added head rails (still incomplete) and the instructions show flat brass pieces but call out brass wire in the written part. So wire it is. Super glued in place. It all gets painted black a little further down the line. So far, only doing the port side, starboard is next. I'll have to mirror it to match. It's kind of slow going as some of the pieces need soaking and bending. And there are still a few more small supports to be glued in place before moving on.

I'll attach a few images for your review.

Best Regards from Idaho!

View attachment 315506View attachment 315507View attachment 315508View attachment 315509View attachment 315510View attachment 315511
Good morning Phil- wire edging on the head rails- pulled of brilliantly. Stern, bow, stanchions all looking spot on. I agree with Heinrich- the red color contrast is very appealing. Cheers Grant

Its too hot in the shop this week to get any work done. Work o the Nuestra is slow right now with all the summer projects going on. (New Roof, fences, woodshop projects)....please be patient.

View attachment 321062

Same issue for me Phil, it’s been between 34c (93f) to 39c (102f) in my workshop the past few days. My main workshop is over the top of my garage, no cooling/heating, no good airflow and black roof shingles! The woodworking machines definitely do not like the temperatures.

Don’t forget this is Canada but we really do have heat waves and sometimes on the east coast hurricanes and … no, I refuse to think about huge snow drifts at the moment. The good news is I have a little basement workshop, mostly hand tools and at least the pear and AYC billets stay stable - my wife is not sure about me though ROTF

Great work. I have in my to do list the Montanes to build. It seems to resemble yours in many ways, so thanks for your log. It will help me greatly.
I am a stalled now myself on my current model for the same reason. It is too hot to work.
I think next week is supposed to be better here in Freddy beach.

It's a good thing I am not getting paid by the hour, otherwise I would be shown the door very quickly. lol

Last edited:
Build Log Nuestra Senora del Pilar (OcCre)

Finally got some build time on the galleon. Working on the bow structure - getting brass wire installed in place, adding flat black and gold paint. It's finicky so I am taking my time. I just finished building a new cedar fence for our home. The original one (1994) was about to fall down. Because we have a pool and there are little children next door, I have to make sure we keep everyone safe. And this all takes time away from ship building. Hopefully, things will slow down, summer-wise and I can spend more time in the shop, temperature permitting. We still have more 100+ (F) scheduled this week.

I have completed the bow parts on both sides. Just painting remains. Next - braces and gratings. Lots and lots of gratings. I get some pictures for you.....

Take care!View attachment 322040View attachment 322041View attachment 322042View attachment 322043View attachment 322044
Gorgeous work Phil! Thumbsup Everything has the stamp of quality workmanship and a fine eye for detail!

Build Log Nuestra Senora del Pilar (OcCre)

Finally got some build time on the galleon. Working on the bow structure - getting brass wire installed in place, adding flat black and gold paint. It's finicky so I am taking my time. I just finished building a new cedar fence for our home. The original one (1994) was about to fall down. Because we have a pool and there are little children next door, I have to make sure we keep everyone safe. And this all takes time away from ship building. Hopefully, things will slow down, summer-wise and I can spend more time in the shop, temperature permitting. We still have more 100+ (F) scheduled this week.

I have completed the bow parts on both sides. Just painting remains. Next - braces and gratings. Lots and lots of gratings. I get some pictures for you.....

Take care!View attachment 322040View attachment 322041View attachment 322042View attachment 322043View attachment 322044
Good morning. Lovely "stuff" Phil. Cheers Grant

Nice to see another Occre model ... I thought Endeavour looked complicated. This is a whole new level. Hope you enjoy is and look forward to seeing more of your build logs.

Phil i have been watching you log and the ship is coming along great. I am thinking ogf starting my own. the one question i have is does this kit come with sails. I prefer to put sails on my model kits

Dave

Back