Nuestra Senora del Pilar by Occre - Build log

Hi Phil, have you encountered any problems with the kit? I ask because I've got the kit waiting to be built, and I've read a very critical review on 'That other forum'.

Stuart
You can say "Model Ship World" without bursting into flames, you know. This forum rivalry has died down since KIR got canned for abusing people. Things are getting better.

There have been some little things, especially with the instructions and drawings. And the masts provided were very rough finished basswood. I replaced with hardwood dowels. The cordage only comes in two sizes and is quite fuzzy, and lastly, I ran out of certain stock - but substituted or added from my own wood stock from my woodshop. But these are are small annoyances to me.
Thanks, Phil, yes, the usual niggles, especially the dowelling, which is one big annoyance with my Le Superbe. The ones supplied were rough & some more suited to model bow making or pot plant supports! I replaced most of it with decent walnut dowels. I am glad to see OcCre haven't included those awful metal gun port frames & lids. I've a load from both Montanes & Le Superbe & more to add when I get to build Panart's 1:78 Victory.

ust an update to let you know I'm not dead.
Thanks, G....d! ;)
And on the 8th and 9th of this month I am having an echo cardiogram followed the next day with a stress test. Fun huh?!! It seems I have premature ventricular beats - which the cardiologist says "are not a problem", but he wants to do futher tests to make sure everything else is OK.
I hope all of those will go OK, with good results!

Build Log: Nuestra Senora del Pilar (OcCre, 1:46)

Just an update to let you know I'm not dead. Haven't worked on the ship in about 3 weeks. I have one more forestay to install before starting on the backstays...maybe this week. But I have a lot going on right now because of summer, getting things planted, trimmed, mowed and getting the pool opened. And on the 8th and 9th of this month I am having an echo cardiogram followed the next day with a stress test. Fun huh?!! It seems I have premature ventricular beats - which the cardiologist says "are not a problem", but he wants to do futher tests to make sure everything else is OK. Best regards to you all and my apologies for keeping you up-to-date.View attachment 377885
Good morning Phil. Glad to see you “alive and kicking”. I hope your ME is all spot on. Cheers Grant

Just an update to let you know I'm not dead. Haven't worked on the ship in about 3 weeks. I have one more forestay to install before starting on the backstays...maybe this week. But I have a lot going on right now because of summer, getting things planted, trimmed, mowed and getting the pool opened. And on the 8th and 9th of this month I am having an echo cardiogram followed the next day with a stress test. Fun huh?!! It seems I have premature ventricular beats - which the cardiologist says "are not a problem", but he wants to do futher tests to make sure everything else is OK. Best regards to you all and my apologies for keeping you up-to-date.View attachment 377885
WELL DONE PHILL-welcome into the sickbay, so I am not alone. el capi

Its been awhile since last posting. So many summer things to do and the shop/garage is HOT this time of year. Supposed to be 102 F today. Better spent by the pool! So in the cool of my office, I started using Fusion 360 to design a showcase for this model. Its just a start and I am learning as I go. It will be a nice home for the model once finished. Take care and enjoy the summer!
View attachment 383798
good idea. better than letting the model collect dust, like I do. lol

Hi Phil. The Senora is looking superb! I trust that the medical examinations went well, and the results were satisfactory.

Back