Armed Pinnace 1800 - Panart 1:16

Hi Graham ,your build is awesome.but I agree with you on Mantua/Panart,I won’t buy another Mantua kit for sure,My Santa Maria kit is a joke.

Can any of you gentlemen kindly tell me the true beam of this model, i.e. without the sweeps deployed, as normally shown in the ads? many thanks.

Can any of you gentlemen kindly tell me the true beam of this model, i.e. without the sweeps deployed, as normally shown in the ads? many thanks.
Sorry for the delay in responding but I have been up to my neck in decorating and have not been on here for a while. Bearing in mind that there is a spare bowsprit stowed on either side of the hull, and allowing for this, my build is 20cm at the widest point. Hope this helps.

Sorry for the delay in responding but I have been up to my neck in decorating and have not been on here for a while. Bearing in mind that there is a spare bowsprit stowed on either side of the hull, and allowing for this, my build is 20cm at the widest point. Hope this helps.
Many thanks Graham. I have so many sailing ships all over the house, I'm looking for one to fit into a niche! Your reply does help.

Back to the slide. It rests on the first three bench seats and, as you can see, there is an increasing gap running towards the bow -

I don't know why this is because everything measures up exactly. Whatever, I didn't like the look of this, so I glued on a strip and then chamfered it down -
Ran into the same issue damn it. Think the reason is the the first bulkhead and the bow pieces pre-planking need to be lower. Looking at the pictures on the kit box, there is more space below the caprail and the bow deck than both you and I have ended up with. Wish I'd noticed sooner, finished planking this section yesterday. Maybe the next person will read this and adjust.

Graham, you have given an extremely good build guide and a beautiful finished model at the end. I have recently come back to a life-long hobby of model building and having just finished building 1:200 HMS Victory and refurbishing the Gjoa, which I built some 30 odd years ago, I came across this interesting Forum when looking for an English version for the instructions for Lancia Armata, which I started but never finished when I finished Gjoa all those years ago. The version/kit I think is may have changed as I have four sheets of planes but seem to have lost the English instruction (I wonder if there were instructions in my kit?). I wonder if you still have your set if instructions and could let me have copy either my email or hard copy? The plans and drawing are dated Gen. 84 with the address of Panart Srl, Via Ascred 18, 00135, Roma. Your photos and details of your build will help me for which I thank you in advance.

Graham, you have given an extremely good build guide and a beautiful finished model at the end. I have recently come back to a life-long hobby of model building and having just finished building 1:200 HMS Victory and refurbishing the Gjoa, which I built some 30 odd years ago, I came across this interesting Forum when looking for an English version for the instructions for Lancia Armata, which I started but never finished when I finished Gjoa all those years ago. The version/kit I think is may have changed as I have four sheets of planes but seem to have lost the English instruction (I wonder if there were instructions in my kit?). I wonder if you still have your set if instructions and could let me have copy either my email or hard copy? The plans and drawing are dated Gen. 84 with the address of Panart Srl, Via Ascred 18, 00135, Roma. Your photos and details of your build will help me for which I thank you in advance.
Hi John. I wish I could help you, but when I finish a build I throw all of the plans & instructions away ready for the next project. I hope my build log will be of some assistance. Regards.

Thanks to donfarr and Rossc83 - did not realise this forum circled the globe!!

John - Manchester.UK
We are everywhere. :cool: I also built this recently, didn't do a build log though. However both Graham and I agree the English instructions are next to useless. BTW, there are 3 examples of the Armed Pinace in the Completed Builds section of the forum. You may get guidance from those as well as Graham's helpful build log.

Many thanks for the instructions, also just ordered a copy of "Period Ship Handbook 2, as suggested, on Amazon, for under a pound sterling, can't do better than that!

No excuses now for more delays - they say "nose to the grindstone" and back to planking!

regards to all
JohnK

Thought I would post my effort - not up to museum modeling, and a few minor mistakes but I enjoyed finishing the build after so many years that the hull and the bits remained in the box. Very tempted to add more buckets and odds and ends but enough is enough and where would they all fit.

Onto the second "find" in the garage after all these years - Bluenose II

DSC_0023_01.JPGDSC_0026_01.JPG

Congratulation for finalization of this fine model - looking very good - something for the gallery, so I add @Donnie

Hi Graham,
if you would like, send me some nice photos of your ship so I can add them to the CG Gallery. You can add them here or send me a PM.

Back