Build Log, RMS Titanic Academy 1/400 (with added internals)

Hi,
I'm currently building the Academy 1/400 Titanic, for which I have purchased wooden decks and PE railings/windows.
However, as I am pretty good with 3d software and own a Elegoo Saturn 8K resin printer I've been designing and printing lots of extra parts for the model.
So far I have created the 1st class lounge, the grand staircase (or at least the top four floors) a revised bridge front, better steam winches and forward cargo hatch and various vents.
I'm also designing some matching period figures in 1/400 scale as well, some of which are pictured below.
I hope you all like what you see and join me on this journey to create the most detailed 1/400 Titanic I can.

IMG_2489.jpeg

IMG_2656.jpeg

IMG_2496.jpeg

IMG_2498.jpeg

IMG_2560.jpeg

IMG_2564.jpeg

IMG_2589.jpeg

IMG_2590.jpeg

IMG_2605.jpeg

IMG_2603.jpeg

IMG_2602.jpeg

IMG_2601.jpeg

IMG_2600.jpeg

IMG_2599.jpeg

IMG_2598.jpeg

IMG_2596.jpeg

IMG_2606.jpeg

IMG_2607.jpeg

IMG_2608 2.jpeg

IMG_2608.jpeg

IMG_2609.jpeg

IMG_2610.jpeg

IMG_2611.jpeg

IMG_2612.jpeg

Excellent work on your Titanic, it’s fiddly enough building the 1/200 scale model.

That’s quite a bit of extensive, and impressive, detail. Did you create all the print files yourself? I have no experience with 3D printing myself and, knowing the kit , I am amazed at the level of detail you’ve created.
I began the same academy kit two years ago.purchasing PE and resin details. It was my first major ship project and had no experience in PE. Currently resides unfinished, and it wooden “dry dock”. I have shelved this project until I have more experience, and quality time to dedicate.
I look forward to seeing more of your amazing work.

Thanks. I’ve been trying to acquire the two staircase domes in scale to continue lighting the GSC and 2nd class SC. So far, no success. I’ve worked out the lighting the ship and the running lights but I have not figured out how to light the turned brass masts while hiding the wire.

Amazing work! Would you mind to share the stl-files of the grand staircases?

Just a quick note to say your model looks incredible, you were the lure that got me to sign up to this group and i wish you all the best with the rest of the build. Amazing work! Thank you for sharing.

Back