Build log: Syren by Passaro

NovaStorm

I am with Charles on this one. Hope to be able to do as well. I don't think rigging will be my strong point lol. The new blocks look so much better! Keep up the good work...

TKAM

Thanks y'all. If I had 4-6 hours a day to work on Syren I think I'd have everything done in less than two weeks. Almost there.

TKAM

Rigging is my favorite part of the build and yours is stunning.
Thank you for the kind words Dave. I have to admit I find it strangely satisfying when I spend an hour or more rigging up a single line, snaking it between this line and that line (no kinks please) and then finish it off with a rope coil. Nobody will ever see these details....but I know they're there. :)

Hedley

You are certainly turning this into a fine example of the SYREN. Very impressive.

TKAM

You are certainly turning this into a fine example of the SYREN. Very impressive.
Thank you very much Hedley. I weep when there's something just not quite right but I've realized that sometimes ya just gotta move on.

TKAM

Topgallant yards rigged with their truss, ties, buntlines, lifts, sheets & clew lines, and braces.

Next up are the royal yards. After that is the running rigging below each yard (tacks and sheets) which shouldn't take more than a day or two. Then construction of the spirit sail to be attached to the jib. All that's left after that is the anchor and flags.

nbv,.jpgk.jpgy.jpg

Last edited: