Build log USF Confederacy 1778 Model Shipways 1:64

Good morning Werner,
absolutely first-class work, I also find it very clean as far as the colouring is concerned. If you paint it, then you can still see the wood grain and you've done an excellent job.

Good morning Werner,
absolutely first-class work, I also find it very clean as far as the colouring is concerned. If you paint it, then you can still see the wood grain and you've done an excellent job.
Hello Tobias,
thank you very much!
Concerning the colouring the painting with acrylic paint is the second attempt....the first one I made with "oak" stain, but it became very blotchy when drying, so I sanded the whole hull all over again and repainted it with acryl. What I did not repaint was the boats, the beakhead bulkhead and the roundhouses (they were already finished/glued), but the difference to the rest is not conspicuous because the colours match well.....

Best regards

Werner

Last edited:
Ich finde dein Modell einfach nur schön - sehr gut gebaut :cool:
I

Ich finde dein Modell einfach nur schön - sehr gut gebaut :cool:
I
Hallo Uwe,

herzlichen Dank für deine Anerkennung!

Gemessen an der Gesamtbauzeit (Beginn 2014!) steht das Modell kurz vor der Fertigstellung. Die gesamte Zeit über war es gegen Verstauben mit Tüchern abgedeckt, aber die noch ausstehenden Teile der Decksausrüstung sind so filigran und empfindlich, das ich sie nicht mehr mit darauf abgelegten Tüchern belasten will. Deshalb erfolgt die Komplettierung erst, wenn ich die Abdeckhaube der Vitrine habe, was an Weihnachten (Weihnachtsgeschenk :)) der Fall sein wird.
Ich freue mich darauf, die Bilder des fertigen Modells hier zu posten.

Gruß

Werner

Back