Build log USF Confederacy 1778 Model Shipways 1:64

When I look at these pictures it pushes me in one of two diirections: give up since I cannot see myself achieving these results or it inspires me to try harder since I see that it can be achieved thru perceverance. I am moving towards the try harder approach. You are doing an amazing job and I am inspired.

When I look at these pictures it pushes me in one of two diirections: give up since I cannot see myself achieving these results or it inspires me to try harder since I see that it can be achieved thru perceverance. I am moving towards the try harder approach. You are doing an amazing job and I am inspired.
Hello Bruce, thank you very much, and just looking at pictures is not a reason to give up! I myself am inspired by many build logs and the pictures shown there, and there are so many pictures that leave me astonished of what is possible in modelling....all I try is to improve kit-supplied details with my knowledge and abilities, and I will always be a kit builder and never achieve the level of a professional scratch builder!

Have always fun with your modelling!

Greetings

Werner

Like the furniture, I am doing the same thing on my CAF enterprise, I used a company called miniland for the chairs, and a hutch for the captains cabin. I also orderd 1/48 scale mini bricks for underneath the boiler, but in doing further research, it appears that when the Cast Iron Boilers came about, they sat on an iron plate, not bricks.

Beautiful work. Congratulations on a great job
Hello, thank you very much for your appreciation!
Before I began building the Confederacy, I also built the Amati Bismarck, but unfortunately did not create a build log like I did with the Confederacy.....in your Bismarck build log you are talking about buying an airbrush, I can only highly recommend it! It doesn' t need to be an airbrush for painting artists......

Hello, thank you very much for your appreciation!
Before I began building the Confederacy, I also built the Amati Bismarck, but unfortunately did not create a build log like I did with the Confederacy.....in your Bismarck build log you are talking about buying an airbrush, I can only highly recommend it! It doesn' t need to be an airbrush for painting artists......
Thanks for the advice.

I love your bureau. The build is an example of cleanliness and accuracy.

With this post I upload the latest pictures of my Confederacy which show the actual state of build on today´s date.

More hatch coamings, companionways, the roundhouses, the basement for the stove and the brake pumps are prepared but not yet glued on.

The next step is to glue the deck beams of the quarter deck with the hanging knees and lodging knees.

The cutaway on the starboard side is kept covered until the model is finshed to prevent it from dust. The frames stand so close that once anything gets in you will not get it out again....

P1020334 (2).JPG

P1020336.JPG

P1020340.JPG

P1020341 (2).JPG

P1020342.JPG

P1020351.JPG

P1020352 (2).JPG

P1020354 (2).JPG

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-29 at 16.36.10 (8).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-29 at 16.36.11 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-29 at 16.36.11_LI.jpg

P1020092.JPG

P1020296.JPG

P1020300 (3).JPG

Last edited:
WOW, i know that there is quite a difference in quality between the manufactorers of model kits, but when i see this , i feel like a child messing around with some timber.
What a beautiful ship you are making of this Werner.ThumbsupThumbsup

WOW, i know that there is quite a difference in quality between the manufactorers of model kits, but when i see this , i feel like a child messing around with some timber.
What a beautiful ship you are making of this Werner.ThumbsupThumbsup
Hello Peter,
thank you very much for your appreciation....let me say that the kit is not bad but not of what I would call museum quality. E. g. the provided guns are of cast metal, so I didn´t use them and purchased guns of turned brass, and furthermore I exchanged all the blocks. The working hinges of the gun port lids are also an upgrade....what was new for me and what I had to learn about was how to plank a hull, and I think I did it not too bad.

Back