Build log USF Confederacy 1778 Model Shipways 1:64

Wow! That is simply superb planking - some of the best I have seen in a long time. It is a pity that you have to paint over that - very well done!

Thank you again for your appreciation....the planking was the best I could do with the kit-supplied basswood. As I didn´t like the look of the pure basswood as it is shown in the building instructions I painted the complete hull, using white for the underwater area.....but you will see

Looking great on the hull and deck planking.

It is always a question for builders to hide great wood and planking with paint and or copper plating, but sometimes you must to replicate the original as they did it.

There is some stunning craftmanship on show here, it’s a pleasure to see it and drool. Thanks for posting these images.

Kurt, Ken,
thank you very much.

With the exception of some walnut stripes for the chessboard floor pattern in the captain´s cabin the kit provides only basswood stripes, and the coloring of the model shown in the building instructions was not my choice. So I decided to paint the hull in oak as I had seen it in the attached picture, and the underwater hull was painted "white lead"

800px-USS_Confederacy.jpg

I am very happy to see that more and more members are discovering your build log, Werner. Such beautiful work has to be seen!

What a beautifull work you are showing here Werner, outstanding, and i love your colorscheme as well.
Thank you very much Peter.....I saw this color scheme on many models I found in the internet, and I thought why not adopt it for my model....

Back