Buy a good couch

This morning my wife suggested that I get off my butt and go fine tune the gun ports on my Bonhomme Richard (something I’ve been putting off for a few weeks). She’s always right of course so I made my sanding sticks and made my way down to the workshop. After a number of hours: mission accomplished.
As I plunked myself on the couch she asked me how it went. I told her that it reminded me of our wedding day: not really into it but as the day went on it got better.
I then received a very ugly look as she stormed off into the bedroom. Not a friendly gesture after 43 years of marriage.
This brings me to the point: when buying your couch don’t scrimp on it. Spend the money and get a comfortable one. The one I’ll be sleeping on tonight is cheap and lumpy. Signing off now as I have to google how to make supper.

You exhibited commendable courage and a total disregard for personal safety in an epic Nelson style attack. But remember that he lost an eye, an arm and ultimately died an agonising and premature death - history teaches us things we would be wise to learn from.

Back