C.R. Lamb: Sternwheeler kit from Inter-Action Hobbies

I just received my latest kit. This is a 1:87 Scale model of a sternwheeler made by a company that specializes in hobby railway products.This is a Canadian paddle sternwheeler from the early 1900s. I have just unboxed the kit and so far I am very impressed. The materials seem to be very high quality and well-packaged. There are 2 cerlox-bound binders - a total of 137 pages with detailed parts lists, diagrams and comprehensive how-to descriptions with photos. I have not seen anything quite so comprehensive in any other kit I have built. This company makes the same model in 3 different sizes. This is the largest of the three, with overall length of the boat being 25.5" or 647 mm. I am quite excited and will post photos of my progress.IMG_5952.jpgIMG_5953.jpgIMG_5954.jpgIMG_5956.jpgIMG_5957.jpgIMG_5958.jpgIMG_5959.jpg

looks very cool. I am tempted to make it my next project, but I’ll wait to see your progress. What is the power source for the LED lights?

I am quite excited about this and will post a build log. Regarding your question, I'm a novice on the technical stuff (this will be my first LED lighting project). But I'll look ahead in the instructions and will let you know.

I found some info on the LED lighting. This is way beyond my expertise and I can see I will have to get educated on the "how to's" - how to organize the power source, wires, etc..But here are a few screen shots that describe some of it. Maybe this answers your question. I presume it's a battery I need to have it connected to? I imagine that I will be needing some help on this!!!Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at 6.43.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-06-28 at 6.44.15 PM.png

Thanks for the info. Wiring looks quite doable. But, you may need to do some wire cutting and soldering. I was able to do that on my Bounty and I had no instructions and no previous experience soldering.

The whole wiring thing does look a bit daunting, so thanks for the encouragement. Were there any sites on Google that helped you through the various wiring/soldering techniques?

I will also have to rely on some experienced wiring folks. I still have quite a bit of building to do before I get to all the wiring. In the meantime, I am checking out some of the numerous "how to" soldering videos online.

Looks like a fun kit to build. The electrics that you show on that page don't appear to be too complicated so if you do need help, many folks can lend a hand.
A question - Is itonly to the waterline kit and expected to be part of a diorama or part of an O gauge train layout or is it a full hull? I went to the mfrs web site but it didn't give me that information.

Looks like a fun kit to build. The electrics that you show on that page don't appear to be too complicated so if you do need help, many folks can lend a hand.
A question - Is itonly to the waterline kit and expected to be part of a diorama or part of an O gauge train layout or is it a full hull? I went to the mfrs web site but it didn't give me that information.
Thanks Dave. I will be reaching out for help once I get to the electrical part of the build. I don't believe it is a full hull, the bottom of the model is at the waterline, so perhaps it sits on "water" as part of a diorama.

Back