CA micro droppers

Or...you can take plastic swabs (q-tips) and heat the center, pulling gently apart. When the plastic melts and separates they will stretch into a fine tubule. They may need a quick snip with scissors before use, but they are super cheap and easily replaceable---even when the hobby shop is closed. :)

Or...you can take plastic swabs (q-tips) and heat the center, pulling gently apart. When the plastic melts and separates they will stretch into a fine tubule. They may need a quick snip with scissors before use, but they are super cheap and easily replacable---even when the hobby shop is closed. :)
Tried it, it's easyer said than done, and not all q tips melt exactly that way, they are really not expensive enough to be worth doing them like that, at least in my opinion

How do you keep the fine tubing for cyanoacrylate placement free of blockage? Or are they so disposable as to get chucked after single use? I've glued my fingers together three times today trying to insert the tubes into the bottle nozzle and now the fingerprint recognition on my phone won't work!In ref
How do you keep the fine tubing for cyanoacrylate placement free of blockage? Or are they so disposable as to get chucked after single use? I've glued my fingers together three times today trying to insert the tubes into the bottle nozzle and now the fingerprint recognition o

IN reference to that "fine tubing", can't you just cut the end off.... Get some tubing,,, about 3 inches... insert in glue spout... use some soft wax to seal around spout... when clogged,,, cut off... Sometimes the "fine tubing" that is sold needs to be a little bigger diameter.... some I've had just sucks... some ok... Been doing this for 30 some years now.

Something else that may work that I haven't used for quite a while is adding the glue to an empty tablet or capsule blister foil.
I have used these to mix small amounts of paint and hold PVA on larger models and I suppose they can be used for CA.
The best thing is that they're cheap (or free) and there's no need to clean once you're finished with each blister- once every blister is used just throw it away.
fullsizeoutput_63.jpeg

I use ca micro tips from Hobby Lobby at $2.99. If the get clogged up, I use fine micro drill bits from Harbor Freight. If I can't clear the obstruction, I just snip a very small amount off the tip. These tips last me months.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210116-094837_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210116-094837_Samsung Internet.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20210116-095031_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210116-095031_Samsung Internet.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 31
The absolute best CA applicator isn’t a toothpick, I’ve found. Toothpicks used to be my go-to.

i now use sewing needles of various sizes, with 1/2 of the eyelet cut off. This leaves a “V” shape. I jam the sharp end into an old paintbrush. The V shape picks up the CA, and surface tension holds it in place. As soon as you touch the end to what you’re gluing, the CA flows out. Clean up is easy too, just a quick trip to the stove to burn off the dry CA (or use a lighter) and off you go again.

Amazon sells 500 micro-tips for CAD16.00..

In in reference to my previous post, here is the email address for the manufacturer of glue loopers. http://www.creativedynamicllc.com/the-glue-looper.html
I have tried the tips and always had trouble getting them to work. I’ve even tried to make my own out of Q-tips, and tried sewing needles with limited success. This tool works with capillary action, Similar, but much more effective than a sewing needle concept with the top of the eye cut off. They are reasonably priced, and fit into the end of the X-Acto knife handle.

I bought a bag of micro tips on Amazon. What I found works 90% of the time is once I apply the glue, turn bottle upright and squeeze it gently to get the glue to draw back down the micro tip. If the glue made out the tip and down the side, I keep a rag handy to wipe it off and it does clog, I find just cutting a small portion off the tip of the applicator frees it back up. I never capped the glue bottle and the portion in the bottle stays usable.

How do you keep the fine tubing for cyanoacrylate placement free of blockage? Or are they so disposable as to get chucked after single use? I've glued my fingers together three times today trying to insert the tubes into the bottle nozzle and now the fingerprint recognition on my phone won't work!
I set the bottle down for a couple seconds and then squeeze the bottle a few times. That will blow out any ca left in the tube. Works every time

Back