CAF 1/48 Scale La Renommee 1744

Folks, My new Project has arrived, after completing CAF HMS Enterprise. From order to arrival was just 17 days. I decided to build this kit as I was impressed with the Quality and Detail of the CAF Enterprise. Sections 1-4 have arrived, which is just the keel, frames and jig. CAF( Tom) will have a complete internal structure ready for this kit in a few months, as well as sections 5 and 6, all remaining wood and Deck Furniture. He is also considering adding Masting and Rigging in the future as well. I have learned alot from my last POF kit, and will apply what I learned to this kit. Go SLOW...each piece is its own project!

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2370-1.jpg

IMG_2370-1.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2373-1.jpg

Hi Paul, I will watch your thread too. Very interesting. Did you know if CAF confirm the futur production of the other parts ?
Hi Paul, I will watch your thread too. Very interesting. Did you know if CAF confirm the futur production of the other parts ?
According to Tom at CAF, internal structure should be complete in a few weeks, and the deck furniture, Armament has gone to production, we'll see. It will take me a good while to do sections 1-4, he should have it ready when I'll need it. Thanks

Hi

How big is the color difference between the different frame billets? In some of the pictures it looks like there is a lot of difference.

So, La Renommee begins....Frame 15 was the first frame to be constructed per the plans. Showing the frame plans and construction below, Frame components labeled per plan, neat cheat diagram for assembling the frame components. A and B components laid out and dry fit together. Completed frame 15. I took the char off the inside, sanded lightly on both sides, leaving the exterior char on till I fair the hull. LaRenommee has 58 frames to her hull....so 57 to go....

IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_2377.jpg

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

Back