Caf Model - New Kit CAF Granado 1/48 - cross section

Coming soon
Le coreur is done and we're starting a new project
Our mortar ship La salamandre is temporarily unavailable for sale due to copyright issues, so we are ready to start a new mortar ship.
I started to design this kit in 2013, but his ribs were too complex, so he was stranded later,After years of experience, we feel that we can continue now。
l5780_003.jpg

800px-Granado_bomb_vessel_model.jpg
This is a model photo of the museum
2.jpg3.jpg
4.jpg
This is the final state of design in 2013

Last edited:
Hi CAFmodel, under impression of CAF Model La Belle build logs here on SoS I visited cafmodel.com site to take a look at pricing. I did not find La Belle there. Did you stop making it? Thanks.
There are several examples available from different sellers on AliExpress and ZHL.

Looking at model pictures at ZHL and comparing to what people on SoS logs are building I thought ZHL is different version compared to CAF. Am I wrong?

Looking at model pictures at ZHL and comparing to what people on SoS logs are building I thought ZHL is different version compared to CAF. Am I wrong?
Its the same. There are two versions, an older version CAF 1.0 and newer version CAF 2.0 which has minor improvements. Chinese resellers tend to rebrand with their own names. I am not aware of any other La Belle makers in 1/48 scale. I believe CAF are not selling them ATM due to copyright issues but resellers still have old stock. I bought mine version 1.0 from ZHL.

Last edited:
Am I wrong?
No... But things can get confusing. ZHL is both a kit "maker" and a "seller of other kits". So, you might find a CAF kit being sold by ZHL. Or you could find a ZHL model of a similar boat that CAF makes that is not the same kit.

The best bet is, if you want a CAF kit... buy it from CAF. If it is not available from CAF, then it is not available. Simple.

Hope this helps.

Hi CAFmodel, under impression of CAF Model La Belle build logs here on SoS I visited cafmodel.com site to take a look at pricing. I did not find La Belle there. Did you stop making it? Thanks.
Yes, I can't sell Ancre related products for the time being. I'm waiting for authorization.

That looks fantastic. Will you make it cut open like the museum model?
The effect of separating the upper and lower parts is very good. I first complete the overall design, and then try to challenge the upper and lower separation structure. This is a huge challenge. If we can succeed, this may be the first kit to separate the upper and lower parts

Back