Caf Model - New Kit CAF Granado 1/48 - cross section

It looks very nice indeed Thumbsup Personally I do not fancy the separation into an upper and a lower parts though. Anyway, I think I have enough to build for a long time with Le Coureur and Alert. However, should you ever decide to make a 24:1 POF kit of the Royal Caroline to suit the nice figurehead you are making, I'll be there :)
Royal Caroline, we are gradually completing her woodcarving. There are too many woodcarvings. We have paid a lot for her, but I think it is worth it. Her greatest charm is woodcarving

JUST ME, I LIKE THE SEPERATION, DIFFERENT BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH SKILL SET TO THAT. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
We are also the first time to try to separate the structure up and down. If we simply use the saw to cut it, it is still very simple to separate it up and down, but it seems too rough. If we can separate the upper and lower structure from the natural structure, it will be better。

Keep up the great planning work on this kit!

It will be fun to see plans slowly come together to complete the kit down the road!

I still have to wait on my Alert kit to be ordered when my name hits the listing!

Royal Caroline, we are gradually completing her woodcarving. There are too many woodcarvings. We have paid a lot for her, but I think it is worth it. Her greatest charm is woodcarving
This are very good news - very good one Thumbsup

We are also the first time to try to separate the structure up and down. If we simply use the saw to cut it, it is still very simple to separate it up and down, but it seems too rough. If we can separate the upper and lower structure from the natural structure, it will be better。
Maybe you take a look also at these photos.
In the Hamburg museum is such a model of the La Salamandre and I made several photos of her

IMG_4651.JPG

IMG_4650.JPG

@Uwek do you know (or have a picture) how the underside of the upper part looks? is it "closed" with a "deck" or open?
Hallo Markus,
take a look on the photos with the link, but to make it easier for you ;)

IMG_4647.JPG

We will first make a section model to verify the accuracy of the design method
In terms of materials, we will use more delicate wood. It will be more delicate than pear wood, and its texture will be harder than pear wood, so that it can show sharp angles very well
This will better reflect the charm of the original plan
36.jpg
37.jpg38.jpg39.jpg31.jpg32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg

We will first make a section model to verify the accuracy of the design method
In terms of materials, we will use more delicate wood. It will be more delicate than pear wood, and its texture will be harder than pear wood, so that it can show sharp angles very well
This will better reflect the charm of the original plan
View attachment 187085
View attachment 187086View attachment 187087View attachment 187088View attachment 187089View attachment 187090
View attachment 187091
View attachment 187092

With the different wood and sharper edges of the parts, the real framing can be executed much better I guess.

33.jpg

It is great to see, that you will make also the changes in width of the frames from floor timbers over the futtocks up to the top timbers. (red arrows)
Great also to see, that you show the lateral displacement of the frames because of the oar or gunports (blue arrows)

So you can follow the framing plans of the Anatomy book

IMG_42001.jpg

-> Will be a great POF-project Thumbsup Thumbsup

That's the charm of this model, which doesn't simplify the ribs, it follows the plan
View attachment 187667
View attachment 187668
My friend - you are reducing the modelers work too much - so no beveling any more...... :D
Great preparation with 3D cnc cutting the parts - I like your attempt very much, so you can count on me as highly interested in this kit :cool:

Back