Caf Model - New Kit CAF Granado 1/48 - cross section

YES ALL GREAT CHOICES TO MANY NEED A SECOND WALLET LOL, TOM CAN YOU ORDER EACH ONE INDIVIDUALLY, OR DO THEY COME IN A PACKAGE GREAT FABOULOUS CONCEPT. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON
I am pretty sure, that there will be first a separate kit for the midship section and later on a second separate kit for the complete ship - so two different kits

We used plexiglass for the first time in kit. It has many advantages,It doesn't deform easily. More accurate in size than wood.
At the same time, it is transparent and can clearly observe the condition of keel and rib during installation.
I hope this scheme will not be stolen at will,
75.jpg76.jpg77.jpg80.jpg81.jpg82.jpg83.jpg84.jpg78.jpg79.jpg

We used plexiglass for the first time in kit. It has many advantages,It doesn't deform easily. More accurate in size than wood.
At the same time, it is transparent and can clearly observe the condition of keel and rib during installation.
View attachment 193618View attachment 193619View attachment 193620View attachment 193623View attachment 193624View attachment 193625View attachment 193626View attachment 193627View attachment 193621View attachment 193622
Fantastic idea

View attachment 193618View attachment 193619View attachment 193620View attachment 193623View attachment 193624View attachment 193625View attachment 193626View attachment 193627View attachment 193621View attachment 193622
My friend - what a great idea with the plexiglass !!!
Something completely new and I think it is a very good idea, especially to keep the accuracy very high.
I think, that this build will raise also the accuracy in a new level, when I take a look at the frame construction - with you new photos we can get a much better impression of this work - this is once more a very big step in the POF-modeling - WOW

81.jpg

82.jpg

And you put more (positive) stress and pressure on us modelers - we have also to work more accurate to get the best result

BTW: also the details on the mortar is looking very good - can hardly wait to see more of this development
Interesting will be also how to solve the front and back side of your plexiglass jig - I think it has to be removable, for the later internal work, often you need access from this side. So how will be the plexiglass elements connected? Glued and / or with screws or only slots - sorry for too much questions..... I will wait and see

Fantastic idea
Excellent idea. Much better than MDF. I’m just wondering a couple of things: how can you do the midships first and then the rest of the ship later; and, how much will the entire ship cost?
I don‘t think I’ve ever spent more than $500 for a kit. this will probably be at least $1,000 or more. Don’t tell the wife.

My friend - what a great idea with the plexiglass !!!
Something completely new and I think it is a very good idea, especially to keep the accuracy very high.
I think, that this build will raise also the accuracy in a new level, when I take a look at the frame construction - with you new photos we can get a much better impression of this work - this is once more a very big step in the POF-modeling - WOW
It's really a good idea. I'm going to try to connect some parts with screws
I also found this problem in the production. If one or two sides can be removed, it will bring great convenience for installation

Excellent idea. Much better than MDF. I’m just wondering a couple of things: how can you do the midships first and then the rest of the ship later; and, how much will the entire ship cost?
I don‘t think I’ve ever spent more than $500 for a kit. this will probably be at least $1,000 or more. Don’t tell the wife.

The price of this section model is initially set at about 300$

It's really a good idea. I'm going to try to connect some parts with screws
I also found this problem in the production. If one or two sides can be removed, it will bring great convenience for installation
Will there be an issue gluing wood frames to plexiglass or any non-porous surface? Need to use cyano glue?

I think there will be no permanent contact between the wood and the plastic, I think the plastic takes the place of a wooden construction shed.

Back