Caf Model - New Kit CAF Granado 1/48 - cross section

I see, that you completely revised the jig with removable side walls, so that the front and back side can be open for installation the interior like the inner planking etc.
-> Very good improvement

Just checked it on your web-page, where it is also shown in the excerpts of your instructions on page 12 ff

a very good move Thumbsup

The combat state should be such that all covers and partitions will be removed, so that the whole mortar can rotate 360。
Of course, I don't know if it can fire sideways,( it will have a huge recoil)
But it will certainly be able to adjust the angle of the launch sector to a large extent

2AC70344@8ABEAB66.00F01B5E.jpg

Just a short additional information.
Mortar ships like the La Salamandre could only fire towards over the bow. Their mortars were fixed and the shooting direction was parallel to the axis of the ship.
For this they had to remove partly the rigging and the standing rigging between the bowsprit and mast were made out of a long iron chain and no ropes. These were often ketch rigged ships.
IMG_33251.jpg
La Salamandre
IMG_33151.jpg

The newer generation of mortar ships, like the HMS Granado had two mortars in a row along the axis of the ship and had the possibility to rotate.
And they had to fire sideways, due to the fact that they had no other chance. The second mortar was located between the fore and main mast
Serpent 1742.jpg

Just when I wrote the last post the postman was ringing

IMG-5584.jpg

Just when I wrote the last post the postman was ringing

View attachment 210071

We must think alike....mine was shipped yesterday.
Kent

Original the first batch of kits produced by @CAFmodel was limited to 20 kits (when I remember correctly), which was very fast Sold Out !!!
Now our friend reissued this amazing kit, which I can recommend very much, and a further batch of 10 kits would be available for order.

Hello, everyone. I'm back
I have experienced many things since March this year
It's like walking into an endless fog, not knowing the direction of the future, and maybe it will lead to a darker era.
But I'm safe now
I am now completing the correction of errors in HMS Granado
Next, we will continue to complete the internal structure of La renommee
No matter what will happen next, I will continue to make my models and complete my dreams

Original the first batch of kits produced by @CAFmodel was limited to 20 kits (when I remember correctly), which was very fast Sold Out !!!
Now our friend reissued this amazing kit, which I can recommend very much, and a further batch of 10 kits would be available for order.

I was interested to buy one,but they will not ship to Sweden!!?

Back