New kit CAF-Le Coureur 1/48

Most likely much earlier than the Trident Alert....
Hello Udo, I am sure Trident's Alert is around the corner. We were told, that development for the kit is completed and it went in to production phase. They are also working to find the best possible shipping carrier\s. So stay tuned!!! ;)

Good news from Ancre.
Received a message from Didier Berti from Ancre, that you have now reached an agreement for a cooperation.
I am really glad, that my talks with you and Didier (since I met him personally in Rochefort more than one year ago) helped to get this agreement.
So I guess, that we will see in some time this ship, the Le Coureur, also as a kit from CAF

Sorry, me again! before I pressed the submit button I meant to add-
How much we should appreciate the work all you Admin/moderators do quietly in the background to help try and solve these problems.
With your work and CAF's we are one step closer to solving copyright issues.
You all should be proud of your efforts. Damn, where are those tissues!

Hello Uwek,

I think it is wonderful that CAFModel and ANCRE are talking and agreements are being discussed. It has been a long road involving a lot of people to this point where fruitful discussions are being had. Since China joined the WTO, more and more of their economy and products are coming into line with international agreements.

With that said, it is important to recognize Chuck Passaro for his role in introducing Tom from CAFModel to Mr. Berti about a month ago.

Through this forum I was able to contact CAFModel and meet Tom (Chinese name CAO Feng) and his lovely family in Shanghai in early November. I've attached a photo of the two of us in Shanghai. Tom is in the white shirt and I am in he black one. I was able to visit his home and we had a candid discussion about model ships, his designs, and copyright issues.

During my visit I agreed to help Tom try to sort out these issues and upon my return home to Vancouver, I contacted Mr. David Antscherl for advice. Mr. Antscherl put me into contact with Chuck Passaro and we had a good discussion on how to proceed. Chuck was very helpful and said he would help any Chinese designer who wanted to get proper permissions. I made that introduction and Tom and Chuck have been working together well. Chuck was also instrumental in helping Trident Model (known as Snail Model in China) to also work on obtaining proper permissions for their products.

Chuck was good to his word and introduced Tom to Mr. Berti. Tom in good faith stopped selling any kits based on ANCRE products, and has sent samples of his work to ANCRE for inspection. I help Tom from time to time when he needs to write something because he only speaks Chinese and relies on a translation program. As you can see in the photo Tom has his phone open to the translation app as we speak different dialects of Chinese!

Chuck went to bat for Tom and is continuing to assist him with ANCRE. Thank you Chuck.

I am sure once an agreement is signed between ANCRE and CAFModels there will be an official joint announcement from them.

That will be a great day for the modeller!

Warm regards,

Kerry (Chinese name ZHENG Wenyu)
Vancouver, Canada. Tom1.jpg

Hello Uwek,

I think it is wonderful that CAFModel and ANCRE are talking and agreements are being discussed. It has been a long road involving a lot of people to this point where fruitful discussions are being had. Since China joined the WTO, more and more of their economy and products are coming into line with international agreements.

With that said, it is important to recognize Chuck Passaro for his role in introducing Tom from CAFModel to Mr. Berti about a month ago.

Through this forum I was able to contact CAFModel and meet Tom (Chinese name CAO Feng) and his lovely family in Shanghai in early November. I've attached a photo of the two of us in Shanghai. Tom is in the white shirt and I am in he black one. I was able to visit his home and we had a candid discussion about model ships, his designs, and copyright issues.

During my visit I agreed to help Tom try to sort out these issues and upon my return home to Vancouver, I contacted Mr. David Antscherl for advice. Mr. Antscherl put me into contact with Chuck Passaro and we had a good discussion on how to proceed. Chuck was very helpful and said he would help any Chinese designer who wanted to get proper permissions. I made that introduction and Tom and Chuck have been working together well. Chuck was also instrumental in helping Trident Model (known as Snail Model in China) to also work on obtaining proper permissions for their products.

Chuck was good to his word and introduced Tom to Mr. Berti. Tom in good faith stopped selling any kits based on ANCRE products, and has sent samples of his work to ANCRE for inspection. I help Tom from time to time when he needs to write something because he only speaks Chinese and relies on a translation program. As you can see in the photo Tom has his phone open to the translation app as we speak different dialects of Chinese!

Chuck went to bat for Tom and is continuing to assist him with ANCRE. Thank you Chuck.

I am sure once an agreement is signed between ANCRE and CAFModels there will be an official joint announcement from them.

Warm regards,

Vancouver, Canada. View attachment 124414
All I see that Uwe emailed a lot Didier Berti for Caf ,mr Chuck is recognizing that at all?

Not for this one Don!
Great job and really good news for all of us Uwe (aka Mr. Negotiator)! Your effort and countless communications with ANCRE and Didie (Berti) greatly rewarded! Thumbs-Up Who knows...maybe close to the actual kit release there will be an English translation. ;)

Hello Zoltan,

I cannot comment on Uwe's discussions with Mr. Berti because I was not part of it or had any knowledge of it.

I can only speak to what has transpired since early November when I met Tom. From my e-mail record, Chuck was key making the introduction between Mr. Berti and Tom because I was part of that discussion. Tom was apprehensive about approaching ANCRE and really didn't know how to approach Mr. Berti but after I had introduced Tom and Chuck, Chuck took over from there. My role now is simply to help Tom with any questions or English to ensure he is not misunderstood.

I believe that the position this forum and Modelshipworld have taken, and willingness on all sides of an issue to work together to help talented kit designers like Tom is a good thing for our hobby. It raised an important issue and now work is being done to resolve them. We can all take credit in that!

Warm regards,

Kerry
Vancouver, Canada

Good news from Ancre.
Received a message from Didier Berti from Ancre, that you have now reached an agreement for a cooperation.
I am really glad, that my talks with you and Didier (since I met him personally in Rochefort more than one year ago) helped to get this agreement.
So I guess, that we will see in some time this ship, the Le Coureur, also as a kit from CAF

The agreement with Ancre is in progress and we hope to have a good start. Once again, all my friends who have helped me, thank Ancre for giving me a chance

I think Ancre is the dominant power in this matter

I'm afraid that translation software can't fully express my meaning

Afraid of misunderstanding 。 The agreement with Ancre is in progress. I hope Ancre can forgive me

Last edited:
Hello Zoltan,

I cannot comment on Uwe's discussions with Mr. Berti because I was not part of it or had any knowledge of it.

I can only speak to what has transpired since early November when I met Tom. From my e-mail record, Chuck was key making the introduction between Mr. Berti and Tom because I was part of that discussion. Tom was apprehensive about approaching ANCRE and really didn't know how to approach Mr. Berti but after I had introduced Tom and Chuck, Chuck took over from there. My role now is simply to help Tom with any questions or English to ensure he is not misunderstood.

I believe that the position this forum and Modelshipworld have taken, and willingness on all sides of an issue to work together to help talented kit designers like Tom is a good thing for our hobby. It raised an important issue and now work is being done to resolve them. We can all take credit in that!

Warm regards,

Kerry
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks!!So I consider this as a joint cooperation and all of us working for the same cause.

Hello Uwek,

Warm regards,

Vancouver, Canada.
Hello Kerry, However, we don't know what Mr. Passaro's role and how much he was involved in this negotiation, we cannot recognize his merit. But...should this is the case, it is the move in the right direction, for sure.

I think you should mention Uwe's name instead, and credit his effort in negotiation with Tom and ANCRE.

Best regards,
Jim

Hello Uwek,

Warm regards,

Vancouver, Canada. View attachment 124414

Kerry,
I am pretty sure that you will have your medal on MSW for this. Well done!
Janos

Hello All,

It was not my intention to take away from the contributions of anyone on the issues of copyright. I am sure there are many who intervened on behalf of different designers and publishers and that is very positive for our hobby.

My post was to acknowledge the role Chuck Passaro played because I had first hand knowledge. This is no different from anyone else who wishes to acknowledge the efforts others have made as done here already. It would be inappropriate for me to comment on anyone else’s contributions because I am not privy to those conversations.

At the end of the day it’s about supporting talented designers so we can enjoy our hobby that much more, and we all play a role that ranges from buying their products, posting the contents on a website or authoring a build log, to advocating on their behalf. In that we all have helped promote the hobby.

Warm regards,

Kerry
Vancouver, Canada

Back