New kit CAF-Le Coureur 1/48

Question about the model, since I am also going to do the Alert, my question is this is it feasable to PLANK ONE SIDE AND LEAVE THE OTHER EXPOSED TO SHOW THE FRAME WORK JUST AN IDEA FOR ME, BUT DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS FEASABLE TO DO THAT, ideas and opions. Don

Hello Don, I think your idea is really good. I have seen models planked one side and second side exposed. For the most part, this shouldn't be driven by kit technology, it should be preference of personal taste. ;)

Hi Don. There should be no problems doing this way from scratch for small scale models. For large scale and size the hull might be twisted.

JIM, What I am thinking is to use the kit suplied material the only thing that I am concerned about is the finishing of the exposed side the type of wood being suplied can it be stained. THANKS AGAIN Don

JIM, What I am thinking is to use the kit suplied material the only thing that I am concerned about is the finishing of the exposed side the type of wood being suplied can it be stained. THANKS AGAIN Don
Don,why do you want to stain the wood ?

Message for @CAFmodel or anyone "really in the know"....
Earlier in is this topic, I read that the possible time of release for this kit could be February or March 2020.

Question:
Now that an agreement with ANCRE may have been reached, any update on the release date?

Thank you.
G

Message for @CAFmodel or anyone "really in the know"....
Earlier in is this topic, I read that the possible time of release for this kit could be February or March 2020.

Question:
Now that an agreement with ANCRE may have been reached, any update on the release date?

Thank you.
G
Hi, Gilles. and maybe HMS Fly and anything else up their sleeve.:)

is there any news about this - I noticed the last post was more than a year ago -

I was ready to finally buy one of the POF models CAF has to offer only to find out that they are not for sale at the moment because of the previous mentioned "issues". With all options we have in this modern world I'm sure Ancre and CAF were able to keep the discussion going i assume?

I'm not in the loop about the why and how but since both companies have the same interest and work on different things - one on information and the other on great models they could have come to an agreement by now wouldn't they?

btw sorry my first post is like this lol - I will later today post a message to introduce myself :)
Since i'm at work i don't have access to my photo's right now

is there any news about this - I noticed the last post was more than a year ago
Hallo and welcome here on board of our forum.

Which news "about this" do you mean?

The kit release? or the cooperation with ancre?

Hey Uwek - The cooperation with both companies.
Like said I was ready to make a purchase but found that this was not possible still.

I might have posted this in the wrong threat - if so sorry for that

Hey Uwek - The cooperation with both companies.
Like said I was ready to make a purchase but found that this was not possible still.

I might have posted this in the wrong threat - if so sorry for that
Hi ,you can purchase the Le Courier on Caf website

Back