Cannon question for 1/96 constitution.

I have the constitution, but it came used, not as described (NEW SEALED).
It is missing the cannons.
A friend has offered me his 1/100 cannons from the

1/100 Scale Soleil Royal

Will these work with constitution? I realize the scale is a little smaller, but I am hoping I can use them. I know I will do some work on them, to fit the bases.

I don't thing the difference in scales of 1/96 to 1/100 is that big a deal.

I would be more concerned that the looks of the cannons and carriages would be more of a thing to check.

Of course at that scale, they are small and little details are seen anyway.

The difference between the main weapons of Soleil Royal and USS Constitution is really big. Even at the level of a 1:100 scale model.
If you don't have the option of plastic replacements, we offer beautiful brass barrels, wooden gun carriages and many other accessories for this model, which you can find on our website HERE
Many modelers from all over the world buy these accessories from us.
Please contact us if you are interested. Attached are photos of the guns we received from a German modeler.
The photos show our brass gun barrels and laffetes, CNC pulleys, photo-etched eyelets and hooks for the realization of the hoists of guns. And also the wooden deck that glues onto the original plastic deck from the kit.
Radimir

Cony hlavně na lafetách A + popis.JPG

IMG_5762.JPG

IMG_5769.JPG

IMG_5825.JPG

IMG_5820W.jpg

Last edited:
I would not use the Soleil Royal muzzles and guns, out of period and also the size will be wrong.

The HIS guns are looking very good and you get a complete (and accurate in size and period) set of all different guns
so even better than the original guns of the kit

Ahoy
We can print for you designeted cannons as per Constitution plans. In scale 96. Full set for you price 100 Euro plus shipping

Being a novice modeller, I appreciate the offers to buy the cannons. But that is definitely not in my budget. I have the 1/100 scale cannons. I also found the sprues of the connies also. Glueing, sanding and puttying then is very tedious. I have five of each ones done. Not an easy task. Lol
I will do my own resin castings for the others.
A friend also traded me the ship the others are meant for in exchange for building a PC for him

All is good. THANKS

This may not be the grand thing to do, but you could display the model with the ports closed. Assuming we're talking about the gun deck. The main deck cannons circa 1812 were mostly carronades. A whole different problem. I did the closed port on my South Carolina. No one misses the cannon.

Presented guns are in 1:96 scale and are made according to original plans. See attached photo.
If you want complete documents, you can contact us. We also produce accessories to order.24 pdr bow Chaser 02 s lafetou a plánkem + popis Cony.JPGAmerican 24 pdr short guns 03 s plánkem + popis Cony.JPG

Back