cannon trunnions

I apologise if this is a basic question which should be obvious but i.m having an issue with building cannon and carriages. I think on a previous post I am attempting to build a model of the Black Pearl from which can be best described as a box of scrap wood purporting to be a model kit. To date i think i,ve probably spent as much on parts and materials as what the kit cost. Anyway moan over and the point of the post.In the kit are a set of cannons and laser cut carriage parts but no obvious trunnions.The cannon barrels have two minute holes but no instructions to either attach or fasten any form of trunnions. Any advice gratefully accepted

post a picture and lets see what you got there

there is a topic about cannons somewhere I could not find it
a problem with forums information tends to get lost and forgotten

post a picture and lets see what you got there

there is a topic about cannons somewhere I could not find it
a problem with forums information tends to get lost and forgotten
Hi Dave thanks for the reply. I,m struggling to get a decent picture due to the colour and size. Best description I can give is its a standard ? brass cannon approx 1 1/2 inch long with a really fine hole all the way through much less than a mm.I,ve looked through plenty of posts and can see plenty of finished cannons with trunnions in place but not the process of fitting them to the actual cannon barrel. Thanks gary

Sounds like you could drIll through either side and push through a length of brass rod. The two minute holes could be pilot holes to help drilling?

Back