Cannons & LEDs for gun deck.

when setting the Wales for gun deck the gun ports have an insert that close off the port but leaves a space fir dummy guns.

check out the build plans at model-space.com

Dummy cannons. No carriages
Make the gun carriage. not difficult. I have a lot of Images and drawings for that. For which deck are you talking about, as you say No carriage and dummy guns. To me, that means this gun is for the lower decks. This is normal in most kits. A dummy gunport and a dummy pipes. To lover the cost. poul erik andersen

Need an inexpensive way to place 30 24pdr cannons on the gun deck of my build of Constitution.
I’m facing the same thing. What is the scale of your build? I’ve chosen very small and may regret it to an extent. I can’t seem to do the math to figure out the length mm. Have you made any breakthroughs?

I’m facing the same thing. What is the scale of your build? I’ve chosen very small and may regret it to an extent. I can’t seem to do the math to figure out the length mm. Have you made any breakthroughs?
You will have to make some calculation, to find the scale: The original ship lengths and your. You will mostly-if a Kit- comes out on a scale about 1-70 about. You will have to know this. How big (inch, meter, mm is in your ship compared to the original.

Well, the original ship was 207ft or 63M from the bowsprit to the taffrail.
My ship model is 14 inches or 355mm.
Then I convert the actual ship length to mm, which is 63,000mm.
Calculation: 355mm/63,000mm = 177
Therefore, my ship model is 1:177 scale
Does that sound correct?

Back