Canon Jolle 1:72 - Master Korabel [COMPLETED BUILD]

It is a Swedish type gunboat of 1801
The Korabel Master Kit is 1:72 scale.

KOR%20jolle%201.jpg

Le kit est composé de toutes les pièces en découpe laser, pour certaines planches en poirier...

The instructions are in Russian, but I found on the net an English pdf file that I adapted in French.
This is not very important with Master Korabel, as their kits are accurate and well illustrated.

Beginning of the assembly: welcome to the Swiss watchmaking of wooden boat kits !!
Each time (all Victory boats are Master Korabel kits), the Master Korabel assembly impresses me with precision and design.
It's almost too much there is little to adjust. But we will not complain about a pro manufacturer!

And a palette of colors to decide what I'm going to do:

The strakes are pre-cut with pike already thought ... In short, the hull should be mounted without much problem.
But be careful: it requires paying close attention to the proposed chronology and remaining attentive to each step.
Well, this boat should not be a very long adventure, but fun to make!
It relies on the Victory adventure of 1m30 long. There, we speak of 21.5 cm!
And then, I had an idea for the final presentation, that's what decided me to start ...: ds:

I have very little time right now to advance this gunboat. But it's really a pleasure to assemble the pieces. You really have to be very rigorous, pay attention to the placement of the pieces and the sanding required. From there, everything fits perfectly ...
I started to paint a bit to get out of the "all natural wood" image of this kit.

Thanks !

Attention Don, the base is a personal fabrication.
But the kit is really nice and very accurate (with extremely small metal parts).
No Jimsky, I started it a few days ago already. ;)

Many thanks for starting this very interesting kit from Master Korabel - It is a kit with fine details
and you are making a very good model out of it
I like the way of the panned presentation on the special base very much Thumbs-Up

The rigging is in progress ... It's really very fine for my fingers!

But it's very fun to ride and all to age. There are very few people who agree to age their wooden models, I do not know why: it's a real pleasure to give realism to all this, and the wood lends itself so well! ;)

Here we are: this gunboat is over!

I say it again: Master Korabel makes very precise kits ...

Well, apart from the 2 sails bought next to it which are of bad quality (too weak canvas, and not sewn, but printed ...) that I had to age to make them dirty, whereas I wished to dye them at the beginning it's a pleasure to give life to this little boat. It allowed me to age it really as I wanted to make a boat a little worn! :)

Canonnière 1801
by Ekis_G, sur Flickr

Back