Capt. John Smith’s Shallop - finish

hello -new member here. I’m building this model from Ukraine and loving it. I received the order fairly quickly and the kit arrived in perfect condition. The price was also way low for the quality involved! If I could build another one my bad mistakes would improve! Made some bad mistakes as in putting the gunnel cap backwards causing the gaps for the leeboards to be reversed - so my leeboards are way more aft than should be! So one mistake leads to another so the overall look is off when one knows how leeboards work! See pic. Also I should have assembled many pieces on the table before installing them on the boat as in many videos- I’m a slow learner. I also had to make my own leeboard chains as I lost all of the included chain link pieces- too small for my technique! Working on the case at present with staining and finish to go. I don’t think the flag will go on. Can’t figure out a distaff, and I’ll learn from Olha’s rigging and sails and not to attach until certain of the fit. I re - rigged the deadeyes with stouter rope, cut the case and pretty near finished - for me! . and no close-ups allowed! Consider it the Navaho Flaw

DF580C35-3556-4F6B-B086-3A717EDA57B7.jpeg

786256B8-881F-4C53-A511-DF56D3CCCAAA.jpeg

hello -new member here. I’m building this model from Ukraine and loving it. I received the order fairly quickly and the kit arrived in perfect condition. The price was also way low for the quality involved! If I could build another one my bad mistakes would improve! Made some bad mistakes as in putting the gunnel cap backwards causing the gaps for the leeboards to be reversed - so my leeboards are way more aft than should be! So one mistake leads to another so the overall look is off when one knows how leeboards work! See pic. Also I should have assembled many pieces on the table before installing them on the boat as in many videos- I’m a slow learner. I also had to make my own leeboard chains as I lost all of the included chain link pieces- too small for my technique! Working on the case at present with staining and finish to go. I don’t think the flag will go on. Can’t figure out a distaff, and I’ll learn from Olha’s rigging and sails and not to attach until certain of the fit. I re - rigged the deadeyes with stouter rope, cut the case and pretty near finished - for me! . and no close-ups allowed! Consider it the Navaho Flaw
Hallo @tomsp
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Are you working actual on a project?

Thanks for the inquiry- project currently has been working on my actual sailboat - Good Way II (Bien Camino- what people in Spain told us continually as we hiked the Camino de Santiago).

Back