Cazador Xebec 1750 - OcCre - scale 1:60, by neptune

I’m a bit confused John, this doesn’t look like the Cazador? ;)

Ditto ;) . Good morning John. I have a feeling your Cazador had a transformation into a RW last night. Brilliant work tho and the stairs came out stunningly. Cheers Grant

Thanks guys, old age and senility, I will have to go and post the reply on the Royal william build log, but thank you for the nice comments,

best regards John,

30.jpg
Managed to get the side plywood pieces in place and planked over,

31.jpg
starboard side bow view,

32.jpg
and the port side,

33.jpg
overall view,

I was thinking of of selling this kit but with the cost of postage I don't think it would be worth it, so i will just slowly build it in between my Royal William, thats for looking in,

best regards John.

Don't sell it, keep building this nice kit John. You are doing a great job. It's a lovely kit to build and I'm sure you will have some fun with her.
This part looks great so far so, I'm looking forward towards the next update.

Peter

Don't sell it, keep building this nice kit John. You are doing a great job. It's a lovely kit to build and I'm sure you will have some fun with her.
This part looks great so far so, I'm looking forward towards the next update.

Peter
Thank you Peter, it's just that I'm getting on in age and I have a lot to finish yet, we will see how things go,
Best regards John,

Thank you Peter, it's just that I'm getting on in age and I have a lot to finish yet, we will see how things go,
Best regards John,
I understand time is against you, still it's great to see another Cazador being build. Such a nice kit and model.

regards,
Peter

View attachment 378964
Managed to get the side plywood pieces in place and planked over,

View attachment 378965
starboard side bow view,

View attachment 378966
and the port side,

View attachment 378967
overall view,

I was thinking of of selling this kit but with the cost of postage I don't think it would be worth it, so i will just slowly build it in between my Royal William, thats for looking in,

best regards John.
Good morning John. Really good work. I like the fact you did your stem and false keel before the planking. Forms a a natural rabbet line. I messed up my plan of doing this so had to go with the kit design. Definitely will produce a better planking finish. Very nice. I’m with Peter here I would enjoy seeing you finishing this ship if at all possible. Cheers Grant

John, I have studied several of your build logs. Such great skill. Not sure what "getting up in years" means numerically, but I feel you as I'm getting ready to retire myself. Keep building as long as it feeds you. I'm following - there is much to be learned from you.

I understand time is against you, still it's great to see another Cazador being build. Such a nice kit and model.

regards,
Peter
Good morning John. Really good work. I like the fact you did your stem and false keel before the planking. Forms a a natural rabbet line. I messed up my plan of doing this so had to go with the kit design. Definitely will produce a better planking finish. Very nice. I’m with Peter here I would enjoy seeing you finishing this ship if at all possible. Cheers Grant
John, I have studied several of your build logs. Such great skill. Not sure what "getting up in years" means numerically, but I feel you as I'm getting ready to retire myself. Keep building as long as it feeds you. I'm following - there is much to be learned from you.
Thank you Peter and Grant, I will be doing a little bit now and then between work on the Royal William,

Thank you Bill for the nice comments, I'm coming up to 77 in a couple of weeks time and still have a few to finish, my trouble is that I start something new before finishing ones that I have started, but it gives a bit of variety, I'm sorry for the late reply,

best regards john,

I know that I should'nt have started another build, but to have a break from the Royal William I decided to have a go at this little fella, she is a nice kit decent scale at 1/60 but not too big to handle like the Royal William, all the parts come away from the panels nicely, and the fittings look nice and crisp, so here we go,

View attachment 361962
she comes well boxed with nice artwork on the front, four plans on two sheets nice instructions and a booklet full of photo's showing the build sequence,

View attachment 361963
I bought her for $70 from the same guy who gave me the Sots kit, when i got her she came with bulkheads and main deck already in place with some of the planking started on the main deck,

View attachment 361964
the bulkheads and the keel were nice and square to each other, but I did damage some of the deck planking, so I removed all of the deck planks,

View attachment 361965
I cut new planks and replanked the deck and also glued and planked the after deck,

View attachment 361966
and a side view,

thanks for looking in,

best regards John.
Hallo John,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

Back