Cazador Xebec 1750 - OcCre - scale 1:60 [COMPLETED BUILD]

I had some time left, so I made two waterbarrels and placed them on deck. I think I secure these with some rope later on. What do you think?

[IMG]
Hello again! It seems to me that the barrels should be tied right away... A chatty bird will begin to be interested in what is inside them... it’s good if there is water in there, but if not... what if there is a liquid that warms the soul and body? Then there will definitely be a dust broom!

Rigging of the Mizzen...

Hello everybody, before I start with the update of the rigging of the Mizzen mast I needed to correct "the arch". The shape and construction was wrong. It was to wide and to thin and it was connected to the upper railing on the bulwarks instead of constructed between both bulwarks. So, I ripped the old one off and made a new one. It was a tough job due to all the bevels this thing has. I'm glad it's done....

The "old" one....

photo 560817

photo 561644

And the new one... I made a cardboard mold and use a piece of solid walnut and took out the basic shape. After that I sanded all the necessary bevels.

photo 579976

photo 579977

photo 579975

Also I made some rings and bolts that will be needed later on for the running rigging.

photo 579978

photo 579979

Now that's done, time to move on to the rigging of the Mizzen mast. First a drawing.
I need one double sheave, 3 single sheave and one violin block per side. 0.9mm and 0.6mm rope is used.

photo 579980

Again serving 6 ropes for the pins. 3 per side....

photo 579321

photo 579322

Then the upper blocks connected to the mast.

photo 579981

photo 580000

In between the ropes with blocks and tied it all together.

photo 580002

photo 580001

photo 580003

Well, the standing rigging is done. All three masts are secured. It's a nice journey to experience this type of rigging so far. In fact, it's fun to tied down standing rigging that somewhat functions the same as running rigging. Ah well, time to move on to the running rigging, yards and sails. It will be a tough journey because I've never made sails from scratch what I am intend to do for this ship. All I need is now a new cuss jar because I broke the previous one.... ROTF

You guys are truly wonderful to have you following along the way and it's a real pleasure to follow your endeavors as well. Please leave a comment if you like.

regards,
Peter
I understood everything... I know everything... I saw them too... These are little people... 60 times smaller than people. They help you, they do everything so neatly and beautifully. They are trying. Please tell me your secret. How did you manage to win their favor? Brilliant Cazador. Peter Cazador.. Wow!!! Best wishes Egor.

And these barrels... the midgets who help can also do something wrong, and the barrels will disappear... Everyone needs warmth inside and kindness in the soul! That's right, they tied it...

A small update in between. I've used boiled potato starch (thanks to Ohla Batchvarov @shipphotographer.com) on the foresail and let it dry overnight. She has an excellent video on how to do this placed on Youtube. Just check it out! Thanks Ohla for sharing!
Now the sail has it's final shape like the wind blows into it. I like this method better than diluted white glue.

photo 583178

photo 583179

photo 583177

photo 583180

And because it's my birthday today, the admiral surprised me with a complete paint rack of Vallejo which I will need for a future project. It's a skill a still need to master....I asked for a milling machine, however the admiral has her limits of what's allowed on the dining table.... :rolleyes:

photo 583181

Peter
Best wishes on your birthday! I wish you to be successful and full of strength. And so that you can surprise and delight us with excellent models. Even though my congratulations were late, I couldn’t help but congratulate you. Happy birthday

Best wishes on your birthday! I wish you to be successful and full of strength. And so that you can surprise and delight us with excellent models. Even though my congratulations were late, I couldn’t help but congratulate you. Happy birthday
Thank you, much appreciated! :)

Would love to see how you display such a masterpiece. Absolutely incredible from stem to stern! Every detail is flawless. Congrats

Back