Cazador Xebec - OcCre 1:60 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Those lateen yards really do look terrific, Dean. It must be the quality of your assistant showing there. :)

Yard is done, sail ready to be sewn by the Admiral.
With her teaching I was able to remove all previous stitching, trim the edges, put double sided hem tape, fold edges, and add lines to be sewn. All that’s left is for her to sew the lines. Then I will do the clean up work (trim threads) and add the reef ropes to the sail.
After that I will attach the sail to the yard with ropes.
Then raise the yard and sail on mast.
Then I can do all the yard and sail rigging.
After that it’s any final touch up work on the ship and I’m done!
See you then!
F1BD380D-D086-4606-9C3A-610A2A623553.jpegCEEAB2C3-998C-4096-B82B-FE07C9F0027B.jpeg

Put on reef ropes...taped down while glue was drying and attached sail to yard...
D2C5771C-C1C7-4D38-A3E8-B1B30E9E7B35.jpeg821F1578-8879-4D74-A049-F50A97943456.jpeg
then I attached the yard and sail to the foremast...was really tight and more difficult than main mast...sigh
Anyway I’m down to tying off 4 sail lines and then coat the lines with clear to get rid of fuzz, and touch up cleats and toggle.
Then will be final pics!
Should finish today!
117C8004-2E39-4139-9087-B68AF3128944.jpeg

Congratulations my friend! A marvelous accomplishment! Your craftsmanship is unmatched and the precision of your work has resulted in a fantastic rendering of the Cazador Xebec. The final product shown in the pictures you just posted is breathtaking. Thanks for letting us join you on this build. Proud of you Dean!

Congratulations my friend! A marvelous accomplishment! Your craftsmanship is unmatched and the precision of your work has resulted in a fantastic rendering of the Cazador Xebec. The final product shown in the pictures you just posted is breathtaking. Thanks for letting us join you on this build. Proud of you Dean!
Thank you very much Paul! I guess I’m still surprised by responses like this, because although I put my best foot forward, there are areas I wish would have been better. But there’s always room for improvement. I look forward to continuing to follow you on your journey to complete the Vasa! Thank you for your support!

Heinrich

Staff member
Bluenose Moderator

That is a wonderful achievement Dean! You can be truly proud of your first model - she can hold her bow high in any so-called "esteemed company". This build of yours has just shown me once more: "If you've got it, you've got it." You sir - have got it!First Place Metal

That is a wonderful achievement Dean! You can be truly proud of your first model - she can hold her bow high in any so-called "esteemed company". This build of yours has just shown me once more: "If you've got it, you've got it." You sir - have got it!First Place Metal
Thank you very much Heinrich! I appreciate the kind words and all of your encouragement and support. See you on the Bluenose side! ;)

Last edited:

Awesome beautiful achievement Dean, exceptional workmanship throughout, beautiful choice of woods and color... just a great model. I got confused and posted congrats in your Bluenose thread too but they are all deserved!