Cazador Xebec - OcCre 1:60 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Dean,
How is it possible you here my wife? She was talking to herself!
But now seriously: the planking off the small boat looks very fine. You got the touch.
Regards, Peter
Hi Dean,
How is it possible you here my wife? She was talking to herself!
But now seriously: the planking off the small boat looks very fine. You got the touch.
Regards, Peter
Dean your second layer is excellent. Beautiful selection of wood and installation. RIch

Well I pushed through planking the other side and decided to add some veneer to the transom. The instructions tell you to single plank in the light wood (ramin) and paint it a light tan color! No thanks! I have every intention of personalizing this ships boat to be something worthy of being front and center on the ship! It’s going to be a mini me of the big ship, with a black keel and accents, with black railings. Not following instructions on this. ;)

Last edited:
Dear Dean.I'm already afraid to criticize you.Now again I will be attacked by readers of the forum.I haven't understood the shape of your boat's stem for three days.Where's your deadwood?Why is the stem cut off?Will you have a screw coming out there?Well, it's just a joke.7-victory-023-88-1118836555.jpg2103b.jpghello_html_960a730.jpg

Dear Dean.I'm already afraid to criticize you.Now again I will be attacked by readers of the forum.I haven't understood the shape of your boat's stem for three days.Where's your deadwood?Why is the stem cut off?Will you have a screw coming out there?Well, it's just a joke.View attachment 201970View attachment 201971View attachment 201972
This boat has an overhang at the stern similar to the main ship...the rudder will be in that location. See picture below...
EEB4C80B-7216-4698-8D10-7AB139D46BA5.jpeg
This is per the kit design.

Update on ships boat...painted inside black, put in deck boards, added nail heads (with glue on pin), then painted nail heads (3D effect), added seats.
Next I have to stain or clear boards, add support board for additional seats,add additional seats, add railings, add oar support (forget name). Then add rudder and tiller... geez! Building another boat for sure!

Last edited:
Look at the Bluenose, did she sink?
View attachment 202152
In the MS2130 the rudder stock emerges at the LWL not under as the YQ model has it located but it still would take a good fitting which all of the other fishing schooners would also have had. Just an observation. Gothic cathedrals collapsed but each succeeding one solved the prior problem. So too with boats and ships I think. Rich

In the MS2130 the rudder stock emerges at the LWL not under as the YQ model has it located but it still would take a good fitting which all of the other fishing schooners would also have had. Just an observation. Gothic cathedrals collapsed but each succeeding one solved the prior problem. So too with boats and ships I think. Rich
Here is photo of actual ship...BN2
9467809B-983E-42A0-B0B8-16D1452627D7.jpeg
So my point is a rudder can and “did” go through the hull of a boat or ship. That will not make it sink!

Dean your "chaloup" looks awesome. @Ab Hoving has sent me the drawings for an original Dutch Chaloup or ship's boat as used on Dutch ships of the 17th Century. These are 1000% historically accurate plans. If the "scratch-build fancy" ever gets hold of you, let me know and I will gladly pass them on.

Be that as it may - your ship's boat looks wonderful!

Dean your "chaloup" looks awesome. @Ab Hoving has sent me the drawings for an original Dutch Chaloup or ship's boat as used on Dutch ships of the 17th Century. These are 1000% historically accurate plans. If the "scratch-build fancy" ever gets hold of you, let me know and I will gladly pass them on.

Be that as it may - your ship's boat looks wonderful!
Thank you Heinrich, there is still so much left to do and it remains in the ugly stage for now. But soon I hope to add the railings, which will require some scratch building, and the rudder and tiller. Rudder has no hinges, so I have to be creative there too!
I would be interested in the plans for sure. You never know...it could be one of my projects in the near future!

Well, by God!Don't compare the 17th century with the 20th century!In extreme cases, your boat should have a deck in the stern, at the level of the edge of the board.the steering wheel should still be attached through the hinges to the transom.I don't see a transom as such here.Just a hole in the bottom.

Back