Cazador Xebec - OcCre 1:60 [COMPLETED BUILD]

It helps to have them in front of me for reference. Especially since it’s full scale and I can measure from it.
Hi Dean, I’m loving it. You’ve taken on what many would consider a somewhat ordinary kit, not something that experts would consider and you’ve raised the bar on it to something quite excellent. It just shows that it’s the builder that makes the difference not the expensive all singing kit. You‘re also doing a great job on your log, I find it very interesting and look forward to each post

Hi Dean, I’m loving it. You’ve taken on what many would consider a somewhat ordinary kit, not something that experts would consider and you’ve raised the bar on it to something quite excellent. It just shows that it’s the builder that makes the difference not the expensive all singing kit. You‘re also doing a great job on your log, I find it very interesting and look forward to each post
Thank you very much Ken!

Last edited:
On a side note, it seems some ships weren’t that well kept. I struggle to see any nails on this deck! ;)
View attachment 205240
In addition, the mast looks broken? Not sure how its still standing! Unless maybe that's something hanging from it?
It’s also interesting to note the cannon balls are held in a rope coil.
I don’t think wooldings would help that mast.

A little further progress tonight.
I made the shroud pendants for the mizen mast and attached them to the mast. Then glued it in.

then I made the pulleys and added rope for the yard lift...

then I added the yard lift rope and attached to the upper pulley and then glued the eyes for the ropes in the lower pulley into the deck.

Once the glue dries on the eyes, I can fully tension the ropes and glue them at the mast head.
Then I will be doing the lower pulley assemblies in preparation to rig the shroud lines...
After that I’m building yards and making sails!

Last edited:
Hi Dean. Apologies for the silence, but it has just been a hectic last week! I tell you what - the person who ignore this build does so at his own loss - fine work my friend and she is looking glorious!

Hi Dean. Apologies for the silence, but it has just been a hectic last week! I tell you what - the person who ignore this build does so at his own loss - fine work my friend and she is looking glorious!
Thank you sir! No worries on being silent, I know you’re a busy man these days. You have been one of the people who have encouraged me as far back as when I was planking the deck...lol. I am grateful for you support!

05C39B24-6C0F-4E91-9C14-3FEBE649EEA1.jpeg
Fantastic!

Back