Channels for USS President

I am looking for width dimensions of the channels for USS President. They may be the same as Constitution's, not sure (44 gun frigate). I have the lengths from a Smithsonian plan set. I just need the widths. Any help is appreciated :)

The "Smithsonian Plan Set" I assume is Chapelle's drawing of the British draught made after her capture?

The drawing and sail plan in the book don't show the channels in a way they can be measured, so I would suggested running a line from the mast head where the should would lie, to just clear the hammock cranes and measure between the line and the hull to get an idea of the depth of the channels, ie, so the shroud clears the rail. Compare that to what you have for Constitution and you should sailing in safe waters.
Check at each shroud because the channel may be narrower at one end than the other because the angle of the shrouds changes slightly.

Good points. Would those narrower sections of channel be where the smaller blocks are? I guess I need to look at some models at the naval academy.

Back