Charles W. Morgan by David Lester - Model Shipways - 1/64 scale

Agreed. To do the Morgan properly does require a lot of extras not included in the kits - but isn't that what it's all about? Kits are a great starting point, but to do truly realistic scale models does require a lot of extra research and time. That's what makes this hobby so interesting - and no 2 ships are ever the same even if built from the same kit.

I contacted Artesania Latina and they have no plans to reissue that kit. I’m looking for an 80s boxing of it anyway. I wish I hadn’t let mine go. I actually bought it from a local hobby shop in Germany while I was stationed there.

I contacted Artesania Latina and they have no plans to reissue that kit. I’m looking for an 80s boxing of it anyway. I wish I hadn’t let mine go. I actually bought it from a local hobby shop in Germany while I was stationed there.

You need to search every week eBay. The Charles Morgan from AL pops from time to time. It was a kit I wanted to built since I started around 30 years ago. Stopped many times the hobby and I did nothing during the last 20 years.

Many times I saw the Charles M. on eBay and let it go. 5 months ago, I decided to return to the hobby. First thing was to look at eBay. And it was there. Box damage but I got it. It wasn't easy to check if all pieces were still in the kit. And guess what, a few weeks later another was listed. And I got it too as a backup.

Bottom line, don't give up. In the last year 4 were posted, I got 2 of those and I stop searching for that kit.

Cheers
Daniel