Chest cross section of HMS Druid

This is really a nice idea, that they further develop the "series".
The structure is simplified, but looking great especially in this small scale.
and will fit nicely standing next to the stern model of the Druid
55_2000_2000.jpg QQ图片20200305093219.png

So I guess they will develop in future also the bow of the Druid - would be nice to have three sections next to each other
s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

Hi Uwe, do you know what the scale is on this model?
The section models are in 1:128, like Mike mentioned,
my 3rd and 4th photo of the Druid bow is a model of 1:48 kit, but a complete ship which is already longer on the market

OH YES JIM, i have asked and asked about finding someone to do 3-D instructions for a cost it would be a nice buisness for someone to start, but maybe the cost/time factor is to much someday someone will do this first one will make a pile if the price is affordable, JUST AN OLD MIND WANDERING. Don

Hello Don, There are companies on the market, who using 3D technology for manuals long time since. Master Corabel one of them, Trident Model another.

Hi JIM, what i am talking about for an example if i had a complex build and could not understand certain things would it be possible to send someone the plans and ask for certain 3-D pictures of a certain parts, right now just random thoughts, just curious about this . THANKS Don

Hello Don, I think people who doing CAD , can do this. You just need to find someone who willing do commission work.

Hi JIM, what i am talking about for an example if i had a complex build and could not understand certain things would it be possible to send someone the plans and ask for certain 3-D pictures of a certain parts, right now just random thoughts, just curious about this . THANKS Don

that is what I am doing with the steam engine I do the design work and CAD drawings then I send my drawings to Mohamed and he does the 3D modeling, same with stern carvings I do the CAD work and send it to Stacy and she does the finer 3D modeling.
For these people to do the 3D modeling they need accurate images of the drawings or a CAD file. This is not cheap by a long shot to hire these people is very expensive.

you are seeing more and more 3D modeling showing up in projects and i think companies based in China are leading the way.
The technology of CAD and 3D has been around for quite some time now, it is just coming into this hobby

would it be possible to send someone the plans and ask for certain 3-D pictures of a certain parts

Hi Don - what you are asking for is entirely possible, but is very time consuming. It takes just as much time and effort to make a 3D model in the computer as in real life. Dave Stevens has been describing this over and over. CAD and 3D is a ton of work my friend.. many hours = $$.

So, yes it is possible... are you willing to pay for it? You would be better off buying a Byrnes tool.. Trust me!!

Mike have no intention of spending serious money on this just my confused mind wandering, materials (LUMBERYARD) should be coming in any day now so i can start doing frames again, when i think to much i BECOME DANGEROUS LOL, one day MIKE one day. Don

Back