Clipper Newport Mamoli 1:57

Hi all.
Welcome to my log of this small kit.
The kit was a present from a fellow modeller, who decided not to finish the job.
For me an good alternative to do something else than rigging of my Prins Willem.

So let me show you what I've done so far.

The ship arrived at me in this stage:

20200107_104746 (Groot).jpg20200107_104812 (Groot).jpg

Looks nice, but for mine standards not okay. So I begun to strip the parts on the deck, the deck itself, the bulwark and then I start sanding the outside hull.
After that I rebuild the bulwark and lay down a new deck of wooden coffee spoons.
This is the result so far.

IMG_2600.JPGIMG_2602.JPGIMG_2603.JPGIMG_2604.JPGIMG_2605.JPGIMG_2606.JPGIMG_2607.JPG

The next step is to tape the deck so I can go further planking the hull. I use therefore planks I cut out of a piece of veneer. The veneer is made of a walnut tree, swamp walnut, witch is very dark. Thanks for visiting.

Hi all.
Welcome to my log of this small kit.
The kit was a present from a fellow modeller, who decided not to finish the job.
For me an good alternative to do something else than rigging of my Prins Willem.

So let me show you what I've done so far.

The ship arrived at me in this stage:

Looks nice, but for mine standards not okay. So I begun to strip the parts on the deck, the deck itself, the bulwark and then I start sanding the outside hull.
After that I rebuild the bulwark and lay down a new deck of wooden coffee spoons.
This is the result so far.

The next step is to tape the deck so I can go further planking the hull. I use therefore planks I cut out of a piece of veneer. The veneer is made of a walnut tree, swamp walnut, witch is very dark. Thanks for visiting.
Hallo @Steef66
we wish you the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Happy birthday Stephan! Exclamation-Mark May you enjoy a year full of health and plenty of opportunity to continue your fine model building!

Happy birthday Dear Stephan! :) Birthday-CakeBeer
Wish you all the best and happiness , full of health and plenty of opportunities to continue your wonderful model Okay:D

Hey mon ami, Ik wens u gezond en succesvol leven vooruit. Gelukkige Verjaardag!! Geniet van uw speciale dag!! Birthday-Cake

Er is er een jarig hoera-hoera
Dat kun je wel zien dat is hij.
Wij vinden het allen zo prettig ja-ja,
En daarom zingen wij blij:
Hij leve lang hoera-hoera,
Hij leve la-ang hoera.

Back