Clover Mini Iron II - Good for planking ?

It is marketed as sewing accessoires for cloth repair with glued fabric or autofixed fabric. I do not know how to say better in english. I saw this in local store, but Ama... sold it at a very less expensive cost : 62$ CAD.

A I can say. Low Temp is good. At over the low temp. as for the medium at 200C the lignin in wood will be softened too much (I expect it is bad).

It is marketed as sewing accessoires for cloth repair with glued fabric or autofixed fabric. I do not know how to say better in english. I saw this in local store, but Ama... sold it at a very less expensive cost : 62$ CAD.
It will be a good tool for planning indeed. The top image shows more attachments which you will most likely never use. If you can find the one with a single attachment (shown) it will most likely cheaper

And I think that we can put more heat in two planking step. The first layer can be push hot for good shaping and then reduced a lot the last planking layer temp.

And I think that we can put more heat in two planking step. The first layer can be push hot for good shaping and then reduced a lot the last planking layer temp.
Technically speaking, this device is not good to bend the planks. However, it is a good device to glue planks. Mostly thin planks like veneer. Once you put the glue on the planks you will wet the plank with water, and move the iron on top of the plank. The effect will be 'welding' the plank to the hull.

Like Jim said. I use a simular piece to glue veneer planks to the hull. But this one looks better then mine. Leather workers use it to.

I’ve never seen anything like it. Is it marketed as a planking tool? Looks like a multi-function torture device…
Hello Namabiirc, this is a hot iron used in lamination of films in Model RC planes. I have one and use it religiously for my model planes which is made typically from Balsa wood. Yes it can be used in planking wooden ships without fear, the wooden strip needs to be soaked in water first of course. It has a control temperature dial to suit your needs, again I use it all the time. Hope this helps.

Technically speaking, this device is not good to bend the planks. However, it is a good device to glue planks. Mostly thin planks like veneer. Once you put the glue on the planks you will wet the plank with water, and move the iron on top of the plank. The effect will be 'welding' the plank to the hull.
It is very much good for the planks, try it. Am using it currently for both my RC planes and wooden ships. Remember we are in Africa and in the wilderness or forests or Jungle where flying models planes is a challenge but enjoyable.

It will be a good tool for planning indeed. The top image shows more attachments which you will most likely never use. If you can find the one with a single attachment (shown) it will most likely cheaper
Yes all those attachments are useless. You will find one in a hobby shop which do RC planes and sell Lamination film for Balsa wood wings. The film is placed on the ribs on the balsa wings and heated to stretch tight over the wings. see the phots here.maxresdefault (1).jpgprolux-thermal-sealing-iron-with-stand-250x250.jpg

Back