CNC 3018 PRO BM Laser Engraver Wood Router Machine + Offline Controller GRBL

Screenshot_20210329-153201_Chrome.jpgDear Friends
I would like to share with you the purchase I made on the Ali Express,
Mini CNC 3018 PRO BM Laser Engraver Wood Router Machine + Offline Controller GRBL ER11 DIY Engraving Machine for Wood PCB PVC Engrave.
The supplier was master jiang 2smt. His service was efficient, the delivery was extremely fast, the assembly took about 4 hours. To install the software I needed the help of a friend as well as the initial operation.
I bought the machine, to incorporate it in the construction process in parts that require wood engraving skills such as: decorative decorations. I have no intention and the machine has no ability to replace the classic construction process that we are all specialized and experienced.
I would love for friends who know how to work with the machine to incorporate their knowledge here so that I can get the most out of it in the process of building the models. I mean explanations, videos, information, references to sites, software and anything that can help me realize the potential inherent in it. Thanks in advance
20210405_203436.jpg20210405_203450.jpg20210405_203506.jpg20210406_233554.jpg20210406_233614.jpg20210406_233617.jpg20210406_233644.jpg
View attachment 20210410_191005.mp4

I am most interested in what this machine is able to do. Could you please show some pictures of parts machine had finished? One of movies above had me puzzled. It shows machine engraves with some sort of machine cutter. I thought we speak of laser machine. Confused. :confused:

View attachment 226407Dear Friends
Mini CNC 3018 PRO BM Laser Engraver Wood Router Machine + Offline Controller GRBL ER11 DIY Engraving Machine for Wood PCB PVC Engrave.
The supplier was master jiang 2smt. His service was efficient, the delivery was extremely fast, the assembly took about 4 hours. To install the software I needed the help of a friend as well as the initial operation.
I bought the machine, to incorporate it in the construction process in parts that require wood engraving skills such as: decorative decorations. I have no intention and the machine has no ability to replace the classic construction process that we are all specialized and experienced.
I would love for friends who know how to work with the machine to incorporate their knowledge here so that I can get the most out of it in the process of building the models. I mean explanations, videos, information, references to sites, software and anything that can help me realize the potential inherent in it. Thanks in advance
View attachment 226415View attachment 226414View attachment 226413View attachment 226412View attachment 226411View attachment 226410View attachment 226409
View attachment 226408
Hi shota70,
Handy bit of gear.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Dear friends, I do not write or attach impressions and pictures because I mainly learn the cnc and software from a friend who is not always available, so promise to update when there are developments and products from the work

View attachment 226407Dear Friends
View attachment 226415View attachment 226414View attachment 226413View attachment 226412View attachment 226411View attachment 226410View attachment 226409
View attachment 226408

Hi shota

I hope you use your new machine on good days.

I have Proxxon MF70 and wanted to upgrade it to CNC but it costs too much in Turkey. Therefore I was looking these 3018 type CNCs at Aliexpress. They cost cheaper than upgrading my MF70 including shipping cost and custom taxes. I'm looking forward to read your comments about the machine.

Bilal

Hi shota

I hope you use your new machine on good days.

I have Proxxon MF70 and wanted to upgrade it to CNC but it costs too much in Turkey. Therefore I was looking these 3018 type CNCs at Aliexpress. They cost cheaper than upgrading my MF70 including shipping cost and custom taxes. I'm looking forward to read your comments about the machine.

Bilal
Dear Bilal
I too faced the same dilemma, and in the end decided to go for the mini cnc, promising to keep up with developments and achievements

I too have this little CNC machine. It is not the fastest but it will cut almost anything!
I mainly purchased it to cut carbon fibre sheets wich works great!

A few weeks ago i made some Deadeyes and single blocks for my Halcon 1:100 model wich turned out great!

20210328_135249.jpg

20210328_170720.jpg

I also have the 2.5W laser with it. I have not tried to cut materials with it. But i made some nice decorative engravings like my logo on my phone cover

20210220_212457.jpg

I am most interested in what this machine is able to do. Could you please show some pictures of parts machine had finished? One of movies above had me puzzled. It shows machine engraves with some sort of machine cutter. I thought we speak of laser machine. Confused. :confused:
I bought CNC 3018 Plus a few months ago and now can use the machine to cut 2D parts. I am now building Euromodel Royal William for which I need most of hull fitting parts make from scratch. I have a few sample parts I made so far.
1. Mast base ring: shape is simple but not easy to make a good one by hand.
2. Window frame: I want to use liquid glass to imitate glass. so I need openings.
3. Spiral steps: I need 12 tiny steps. It will be time consuming to make this step by hand.
4. Fender: Many kits include pre cut fender, but not Royal William.
JAP_2481_01.jpgP2150736.JPGP2170740.JPGP2180744.JPGP2210745.JPGP2210746.JPG

Nice Machine, I too was interested in one , but the programing was an issue for me.
You need three software to use CNC machine.
1. CAD or drawing application which create shape of parts as a vector data. I am using 20 years old QuickCAD for most parts which I can make the shape with lines and circles. For complicated shape parts, I scan the image and save as a bit map data, the convert this to vector data using open source software Inkscape. Adobe Illustrator does this but it is not free software.
2. You need the CAM software which translate vector data as G code. Basic function of CAM is to create end mill position, rotation and feed speed. It is also necessary to compensate the diameter of the end mill to cut.
3. The third software is to interface between G code and CNC machine. This software send data to CNC controller to move step motors and spindle motor.
In addition to these it is convenient to have CNC simulator software to make the test run before making real cut.

You need three software to use CNC machine.
1. CAD or drawing application which create shape of parts as a vector data. I am using 20 years old QuickCAD for most parts which I can make the shape with lines and circles. For complicated shape parts, I scan the image and save as a bit map data, the convert this to vector data using open source software Inkscape. Adobe Illustrator does this but it is not free software.
2. You need the CAM software which translate vector data as G code. Basic function of CAM is to create end mill position, rotation and feed speed. It is also necessary to compensate the diameter of the end mill to cut.
3. The third software is to interface between G code and CNC machine. This software send data to CNC controller to move step motors and spindle motor.
In addition to these it is convenient to have CNC simulator software to make the test run before making real cut.
Thank you so much for sharing and demonstrating You can get a link to the software you mentioned and even videos that illustrate the work process.

Back