Coming out of the shadow

I have been lurking on these pages for a while and felt it was time to introduce myself. I have enjoyed the content and the helpfulness of the participants. This forum seems a great store of knowledge.

I have been a lover of naval history, historic ships, and ship models for a long, long time. I enjoy viewing/examining model ships on display in museums and at model ship exhibits, and often felt I would like to try this, but have never (felt, believed? I) had the time to build any myself. I have done a fair bit of woodworking in the past.

My two year old grandson took a liking to the Theodore Too book series, so I built him a toy (model?) Theodore tug boat.
IMG_3034.jpeg
And realized that now, in retirement, I no longer have the excuse of time and I should look into learning how to build a ship model properly. I purchased a starter kit, Model Shipways Lowell Grand Banks Dory, and am ready to start. Interestingly, my grandson lives on the same street and only ~1 mile away from Lowell’s Boat Shop in Amesbury, Massachusetts and I have visited there several times.

Let’s see where this journey takes me.

I have been lurking on these pages for a while and felt it was time to introduce myself. I have enjoyed the content and the helpfulness of the participants. This forum seems a great store of knowledge.

I have been a lover of naval history, historic ships, and ship models for a long, long time. I enjoy viewing/examining model ships on display in museums and at model ship exhibits, and often felt I would like to try this, but have never (felt, believed? I) had the time to build any myself. I have done a fair bit of woodworking in the past.

My two year old grandson took a liking to the Theodore Too book series, so I built him a toy (model?) Theodore tug boat.
View attachment 457835
And realized that now, in retirement, I no longer have the excuse of time and I should look into learning how to build a ship model properly. I purchased a starter kit, Model Shipways Lowell Grand Banks Dory, and am ready to start. Interestingly, my grandson lives on the same street and only ~1 mile away from Lowell’s Boat Shop in Amesbury, Massachusetts and I have visited there several times.

Let’s see where this journey takes me.
Welcome from Florida

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
I wish you a lot of fun with the modeling

Back